Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

New video from A2A

There's a beech bonanza in fsx, within that video.... that could be exciting!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm a bit biased as I fly a Cherokee, but I simply prefer them to the 172. 

More docile in a stall (much more spin resistant as well), faster, cheaper to buy and maintain on average, bigger useful load, easier to land (be aware of ground effect, but once it's down it's down), easier to fuel up, all while still burning the same 8.5gph at 65%. 

Plus low wings look cooler in my opinion. 

Can't wait until A2A comes out with this. 

There's a beech bonanza in fsx, within that video.... that could be exciting!

Yeah, I think the 'FS Geek' in us is good enough determine who the developer of a plane simply by looking at the exterior or VC texture style, such as shadowing, lighting, reflectivity...etc. LOL   The texture style of that Bonanza shown in briefly in the video really looked like A2A's 'style'.

An A2A Bonanza would make a lot of sense for an Accusim project, as they tend to pick 'legend' aircraft.  The V35 would certainly qualify as a 'legendary' airplane, at least within GA circles, it is a benchmark design.  I am sure Scott and the boys would have a lot of fun researching the V-tail's quirks.  I don't have any Bonanza time but I heard from some pilots that it tends to fishtail a little and has a rather sharp stall, maybe some V35 pilots can comment.

Anyway, back to the Cherokee, this should be a fun plane, I think it will be a successful release, given lessons learned from the 172 release.  I am curious if and how many other Cherokee variants A2A plans to do after the 180 Hershey Wing model.  I remember a while ago Scott said they hope to do a 235, hopefully this variant is still a 'go'.  I suppose time will tell.  Hopefully they don't get too Cherokee'd out before hand lol.  

Nice vid. Also prefer the Cherokee/Archer to the 172. More comfortable, more room, more stable, quieter, nicer handling, better for IFR training.

Really looking forward to this A2A release!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Is it just the steam 6 pack or can we elect for a glass cockpit?

The A2A model is a 1960s era Cherokee, so I am pretty sure it will have time period appropriate avionics, however I am sure A2A will include RXP options like the 172.  I don't know what other Cherokee variants A2A plans to do, but I am pretty sure they plan on a few other PA-28 models.  It may be possible that their plans could include a new Archer with glass in the future.  We shall see.

Hello,

We're developing an Accu-Sim Cherokee 180. The cockpit is shown in the video and just like the C172 also has some avionics options regarding GPS all hot swappable in sim without the need to reload the sim.

thanks,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations

Regarding the other thing people spotted in the video;

Yes, thats a V35 and we'd like to make a Bonanza along with the Comanche some day, but as we have learned from the past, things are constantly changing and projects get pushed back, pulled forward, and even cancelled, etc. So there is nothing officially confirmed beyond the Cherokee 180 atm.

Scott.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39810#p298855

Thanks,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations

As a "would like to be real pilot" this was a most enjoyable video.  I had no idea the differences in the two planes.  A2a sure puts out some good detail videos.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a bit biased as I fly a Cherokee, but I simply prefer them to the 172

Yes, I preferred the Cherokee as well.. very stable and while the downward view suffered a little, I preferred the excellent sky view for safety.

The only irritation was the single door access - when I did 4 people flight seeing - It was always in the back of my mind to emphasis the restrictions only one door gave to rapid evacuation and the order by which people should exit...

Will there be a Retractable Gear variant ?

Arrow let's say...

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////