Sign in to follow this  
tsa737

40+ inch LED TV as monitor in FSX

My only question is if a higher resolution will be recognized by my GPU.

The GTX780 will certainly do 4K resolution.

Problem at the moment is getting more than 30Hz refresh rate out of it with 4K.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Seems to be a love it or hate it sort of thing...

Once in awhile I drag down my 42" LG from the living room.  I find it's quite enjoyable at about 36" from the screen, and lends a lot to the immersion. Yes, you can see pixels if you really nitpick, but overall, I find the large amount of screen space keep your eyes busy enough that you don't notice much. However, I just don't have the space to permanently use one, since my desk holds 3 x 24" for it's dual use (and it's pays-for-the-toys use) as a photo editing workstation.  One of these days I'll figure out a layout where I can wall-mount it...

I very, very much look forward to affordable 4K TV / monitors and graphics cards capable of handling one (or more than one!). :lol:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

My LG 42" TV shows no pixilation (for my eyes) at 4.5ft distance. Sit a bit closer at 3ft - 3.5ft and yes there is slight pixilation but only really noticable on text on guage panels ( i.e.  the eye is trained to recognise the shape of text so pixilation of it is more obvious). I would say that if I sat only 3ft from a 42" screen for some time, my eyes would strain a bit but I have my TV in a corner cabinet and rig set up on a portable small table (2ft x 3ft) that I can slide across the floor so its easy for me to adjust the distance. I chose the 4.5ft distance as at that length combined with height of the chair I use, the top of the rig is in line with bottom of TV screen and so imitates a planes instrument panel in front of the windscreen. I highly recomment invest in a cheap small desk / table  that has a metal U shaped frame (when viewed sideon).  Screw on a larger wooden top if necessary to suit yoke and panels etc. (e.g. width of 3 saitek panels) With mine, the rudder pedals fit perfectly on the metal frame at floor level.  Ive just changed my icon to show what I mean. (thats if its not too small to be seen)

and I also recommend not leaving the cables in a mess as per the photo