Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26APR14 - P3D Development Status Thread - Updated

Thanks for update.

All the best Robert. Hope it all works out in a efficient way for all.

I hope to be buying the 777, NGX , and 747v2 for p3d soon enough (price structure willing)

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Thanks Robert, rest up and get better.  I look out the window and see nothing but cement walls, so hopefully your view is better than mine at the office :)

"The short version is that we have an agreement in principle that will allow us to proceed forward with products for P3D.  The ink hasn't been put on the signature blocks yet- and we are dealing with a very large company in that regard so I suspect it will not happen overnight."

This is great news Rob - PMDG in P3D would be incredible - sign me up along with many others - a lot of legalities need to be worked out especially taking in consideration the depth of your products and how it is being used in P3D environment (hence more advanced users - students) so totally understandable - good luck.

Rich Sennett

Ok, so at least another 6 months for the first P3D certified PMDG aircraft.  Any idea on cost for those of use that have already purchased for FSX, say for student pilots specifically?  I don't expect an exact number as that decision may not have been made yet, but it would be nice to know if there will be a nominal fee for those of us that have purchased for FSX or if we will need to re-purchase at full price.  If the former: good.  If the latter: no thanks.  

Ok, so at least another 6 months for the first P3D certified PMDG aircraft.  Any idea on cost for those of use that have already purchased for FSX, say for student pilots specifically?  I don't expect an exact number as that decision may not have been made yet, but it would be nice to know if there will be a nominal fee for those of us that have purchased for FSX or if we will need to re-purchase at full price.  If the former: good.  If the latter: no thanks.  

To be honest (and purely guessing) I'm assuming that a new purchase, at full price, would be necessary...

That being said - given the nature of the license, I'm afraid the price would be double (or triple) of the price of FSX license... If that's the case, I'm checking out... :(

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Let's forget it will also likely vary based on the license you purchase (i.e. I would assume an academic license will be less costly than professional).

We are  building straw man and then burning the straw man down.

Lets just wait and see how much it would cost, then make a decision.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

There is a way to use the T7 in Prepar3D already...

Really??

The NGX works (kinda) although with some bugs and quite horrible FPS.

The T7 can be installed, but as soon as you select the aircraft in P3D, it simply gives an error (saying something like the PMDG 777 is not supported in P3D) and P3D crashes.

Have only tried in v2.2, though...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

I believe that there is language in the PMDG EULA that says you should not be doing that.  They can probably shut off your serial number validation or worse...  You might want to check that. 

Word to the wise (from the AVSIM Terms of Service, directly):

Piracy, Key Sharing, Link Sharing, EULA Busting, etc.: Any message, post or topic heading that appears to advocate or perpetuates piracy, shares cracked software, links to or other like material, advocates avoidance of or contravening of End User License Agreements (EULAs) or can be interpreted as approval of piracy or EULA "busting", will be immediately removed and the poster banned. Piracy of software destroys the basis of our hobby and AVSIM enforces anti-piracy policies strictly. If you are a pirate, advocate piracy, or use pirated material, do not register. We place EULA busting in the same category.

These policies are subject to change and you can be assured that they will from time to time. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with these changes.

(emphasis mine)

The PMDG EULA very clearly states that the product is to be used in Flight Simulator ONLY.

There are measures in the 777 to prevent its use in P3D for a reason.

Kyle Rodgers

My apologies, Kyle! (and to any other offended)

My comment wasn't meant with intention of breaking any rules.

My enquiry was made out of curiosity.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Kyle, where are my hugs and rainbows? :wub: