Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26APR14 - P3D Development Status Thread - Updated

Last time I checked you were neither a representative from LM or PMDG, so I fail to understand why your constant bleating of the EULA is so important to you.

Agreed.  We are all mature and intelligent enough to think for ourselves. 

I dont need anyone to advise me on what is "right".  Besides which, what is morally right and law-abiding are not always in sync.  The salient issue herein is to not violate the forum TOS.

spacer.png

but VAs and FSPax add more of a gamey feel to the sim by adding asinine metrics.

Could you explain yourself here, "asinine metrics"?

Could you explain yourself here, "asinine metrics"?

I think he is talking about things like FSCaptain / FSPassengers.  Rules like landing lights on below 10,000, how hard the landing is and landing performance providing a score.

Ian R Tyldesley

I think he is talking about things like FSCaptain / FSPassengers.  Rules like landing lights on below 10,000, how hard the landing is and landing performance providing a score.

I was talking more about the VA's aspect of his comment, but if you are correct, I don't see how those are "asinine" metrics? 

Is there any moderator oversight in this thread?

I was thinking the same thing. PMDG & LM should also be concerned that a few members here are so vociferously attempting to steer their current and potential customers away. They are not lawyers, law enforcement or clergy. If I were a business owner under similar circumstances, I would probably feel that their actions were potentially liable for a loss of revenue and attempt to order a cease and desist. LM won't do this of course as it's small potatoes and bad for PR, besides, they'd probably figure that anyone with half a brain and an ounce of entrepreneurial spirit can understand the nuances of this particular business paradigm. **For AVSIM** I and many others here have purchased the product being discussed. Let me go on the record as saying that I, and others who use these forums for information and good-natured discussion, don't need legal or moral advice from members regarding our purchases.

James McLees

I was talking more about the VA's aspect of his comment, but if you are correct, I don't see how those are "asinine" metrics? 

I think that the only intelligent response to that is for me to say...it's just Kyle.  He's generally pretty knowledgable and sometimes even helpful, but regarding this i think he is eminently ignorable. 

Ian R Tyldesley

In the end, when PMDG and other devs release for Lockheed with it in 64 bit even the skeptics will buy the sim, secretly if they have to. Some may fit squarly in the EULA, others will buy anyway but its a breach but LM doesnt care anyway. Some of these guys were laughing at me and saying I dont know anythhing when we discussed the wx radar. I was arguing that it was POSSIBLE but would need a revamped weather engine PMDG wasnt going to make. ASN released and boom wx radars! Those same guys are now scrambling to buy ASN and Im here saying "told you so".

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. PMDG & LM should also be concerned that a few members here are so vociferously attempting to steer their current and potential customers away. They are not lawyers, law enforcement or clergy. If I were a business owner under similar circumstances, I would probably feel that their actions were potentially liable for a loss of revenue and attempt to order a cease and desist. LM won't do this of course as it's small potatoes and bad for PR, besides, they'd probably figure that anyone with half a brain and an ounce of entrepreneurial spirit can understand the nuances of this particular business paradigm. **For AVSIM** I and many others here have purchased the product being discussed. Let me go on the record as saying that I, and others who use these forums for information and good-natured discussion, don't need legal or moral advice from members regarding our purchases.

I don't see anyone here saying "nobody buy PMDG products, they sux0r!!11".  What I do see is a lot of enthusiastic users *urging* PMDG to keep their prices in line with hobbyist/academic pricing models so that they can continue to use their excellent planes.  

I don't see anyone here saying "nobody buy PMDG products, they sux0r!!11".
It seems that you got a little sidetracked, I didn't say they did. You could perhaps reread the last few pages for proper context, but save yourself the misery, it's not worth it.

James McLees

Dear pmdg, is there any information about promotions?

Oh guys. Back to the roots, I finally did it! Just deleted Prepar3D and now I can fly with my old FSX :) But I can fly (with PMDG), and that's the main thing..

I didn't want to wait any longer and I recommend: People, switch back to FSX, it's the best thing you can do. Yeah, sure you can wait
 further 10 months (or more :D), but I don't think, that you want that. It's your decision, I'm happy now, bye!

Or you could...I don't know...leave them both installed.

Depending on the release schedule of P3D and PMDG compatibility, I probably will buy FSX just to fly PMDG planes. Not entirely sure yet as I wish to see what is done with XPX as well.

Oh dear, I checked in to see how the update for P3D was going, and instead I run slam-bang into a re-run of the Religious Wars, the Reformation, the Islamic Revival, and rampant Agnosticism and Atheism.

Burning at the stake seems the punishment of choice!  Or is now beheading?

Please, has anyone from PMDG come up with a revised or updated timetable?

Meanwhile, I am flying the CS777 (now with a P3D2 installer), and the iFly 737.  Maybe not as good, or complete, but on the market.  Also Aerosoft and BBS have P3D2 airbus to buy and fly.

And for the moralists, some who have purchased at full price the PMDG 777 and NGX, have discovered modified .dll files that bypass the refusal to install into P3D. Confused morality indeed, but they paid in full.  Others of course use the horrible pirates, and bypass everything including ethics.  But we are talking binary digits not hardware, so the clever can do this.

Polls show that P3D now represents more than 30% of the market, which is probably an understatement, so PMDG it is all a matter of market response.

Time table? They are working on it. They haven't posted anything.

There is a lot to do if you didn't cover future releases on other platforms in the initial contract. Especially when using sound assets from another company.