Sign in to follow this  
blue2

Your computer has run out of memory

Hi,

Here's me thinking I was finally getting to grips with FSX and its recurring problems (Run Time Error caused by TrafficX traffic file etc.),  when I go to load up FSX I now get an error message saying:-

"Your computer has run out of available memory. Please restart Flight Simulator and select different graphics, scenery, or traffic settings."

How can I when I can't get pass the opening screen I rant!!

Did a perfect flight yesterday with no traffic selected and shut down, nothing added to any files. FS9 works brilliantley.

My computer specs are:_

Intel i5-2500K @ 3.30GHz
MSI 277A-G45 M/B
8GB Ram
Nvidea GeForce GTX550TI
500GB Hybrid SSD Hard drive (main), secondary 500GB HDD,  third backup 320 GB HDD and external SDD of 500GB
OCZ 750 watt PSU
Coolmaster DM-690 case
Logitech Mk260 wireless keyboard and mouse
Windows 7 Home 64bit

Any ideas how this has happened overnight?

Regards

Nigel

FSX or FS9, turn down your traffic settings a bit until you don't get this error message. FYI, it is not physical memory that is running out, but 

VAS.

You may find you'll need to delete your FSX.cfg and start again to get access. You could also go in and just change the settings in your .cfg if you know which is which. The difference between today and yesterday probably boils down to you flying in a different area, possibly a different aircraft, requiring more memory today. Not the news you wanted probably but at least you're not actually locked out as such.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Thanks for ypur input, fellas but I've sorted it out. The error was my fault due to modifying an FS9 airfield, RAF Watton and I mistakenly saved the file into FSX!! Old age creeping up on me I guess!

I've still got the Run Time Error problem with TrafficX but I am trying to rectify that with Just Flight (hopefully).