Sign in to follow this  
stevenpow

Vox atc terminating radar after takeoff

So I finally reinstalled all my software on my PC thinking that I had some software issues. I took my first flight with voxatc on the clean install, and sad to say I still had nothing but problems. Everything seemed fine until I took off. As soon as I took off vox atc terminated my radar. I was shocked!!!! I then proceeded to finish my Sid. As I reached my cruise altitude I had to disable and reenable voxatc, and everything seemed fine for about two min when voxatc tells me to turn to a heading for a hold of 5 legs. 15 min later I heard nothing from voxatc. I then proceeded to fly back on my flight plan. I then again disabled an reenabled voxatc. Everything seemed fine when I reenabled and contacted voxatc with my altitude. Then nothing, I never heard from vox atc. I ended up doing everything myself. 30 miles from the airport I decided to disable and reenable vox atc again and low and behold I started to get headings for the approach. And just for a great ending as I taxied off the runway all of a sudden voxatc said that the sim was paused WHAT!!!!! Is this the way this program is supposed to work????? I have really really tried to work with this program. I forked over $80 just like the rest of you guys. But I have never had the issues with any other atc program like I have with voxatc. Believe me I really really want this to work but when I'm spending more time getting atc to work then I am flying the plane then there is a problem. I really hope that the developer gets this program patched because I'm going out of my mind.

Steven pow

Thank You

Steven Pow

Hi Steve,

same Situation by me, so you are not alone. I struggled endless hours - without effect.

VoxATC is escaping constantly - just 1 of 5 flights are ending guided at Destination. 

Tegwyn (DEV) sent me a Analysis Tool for creating a Log-File and i transmitted him back,.. but until now - now Response.

It seems to be serious Bug and i hope it will be dissolved!

Hi Steve,

same Situation by me, so you are not alone. I struggled endless hours - without effect.

VoxATC is escaping constantly - just 1 of 5 flights are ending guided at Destination.

Tegwyn (DEV) sent me a Analysis Tool for creating a Log-File and i transmitted him back,.. but until now - now Response.

It seems to be serious Bug and i hope it will be dissolved!

I ended up downloading the previous version tonight and I took a flight from KJFK-KBOS. I put in my flight plan, there was a little hiccup on the taxi clearance. I had to repeat the same thing like 4 times before atc gave me the information for the clearance. As I took for the beete3 departure everything seemed fine. As I claimed to 5000 feet from 3000 atc tells me to climb to 13000 so I responded and I thought everything was good but then atc calls back and tells me to contact ny then tells me to descend to 3000 feet. My jaw dropped and I just instantly shut off the sim. If anyone would like to fly this plan and tell me how it goes for them please let me know because I want to know if this is my own doing

KJFK BETTE3 JFK DCT ORW V16 JEWIT V167 PVD KRANN3 KBOS

Thank You

Steven Pow

Steve.

I don't think you can use BETTE3 and KRANIN3  together as they are in conflict. The KRANIN3 star starts at GPOLE  with a trans at JFK. So I think you may be giving Vox a heart attack! Try one or the other and see how you get on.

Dennis

Dennis Elliott

Steven,

KJFK-KBOS is a short flight.

Try :

KJFK MERIT.KRANN3 KBOS

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Steve.

I don't think you can use BETTE3 and KRANIN3  together as they are in conflict. The KRANIN3 star starts at GPOLE  with a trans at JFK. So I think you may be giving Vox a heart attack! Try one or the other and see how you get on.

Dennis

Then that is an issue with pfpx because that is the excact flightplan that pfpx created for me.

Thank You

Steven Pow

Steven.

Do you have the charts in in question? If you don't you can google "AirNav" and download or just look at the charts,and you will have a better idea of what Vox is trying to figure out. If you look at BETTE 3 you will see it starts at jfk,goes to Bette,and then to Ack (Nantucket) which is just SE of KBOS. so you are almost there. If you now look at KRANN3 you will see it takes you all the way back to JFK. I am not saying what is right or wrong here,but you are giving Vox a tough task ..

I am using Flight Sim Commander for my plans and if I program the BETTE 3 SID and the KRANN 3 STAR, the route takes me from JFK to Nantucket,and then all the way back to JFK. and then it follows the STAR all the way to KBOS.

It may be possible to join the STAR at some other point, I don't know, but I think you are giving Vox ATC a problem that it can't solve. 

Dennis

Dennis Elliott

This is what

KJFK MERIT.KRANN3 KBOS

looks like.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4u5njii9fvb23s/jfkbos-merit-k3.JPG

This is what

KJFK MERIT.KRANN3 KBOS

looks like.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4u5njii9fvb23s/jfkbos-merit-k3.JPG

Thank you guys. So let me ask you Guys a question. When you build your flightplan how exactly do you do it I have PFPX, and I usually just let PFPX create the route for me. I seems to still be having some issues with my flight. I'll give you an example. This is a flight that I got from route.com DCT MERIT DCT OWR WOONS1.

When I start up PFPX and start to select the information I need for the flight one of the things that it asks me is for the departure airport and your arrival airport. When I do this it automatically selects a runway for takeoff and a runway for landing which I suspect that it does because of the weather information that it's getting. When I start up the sim and I start to get the information from ATC it gives me I believe is the New York one departure and runway 22 right but why would it give me the ny one departure if my flightplan says I'm using the merit departure and PFPX gave me an original runway of 31 right. If they're both using the same information for weather which they should be, then why is it that one program gives me one runway and another program gives me a completely different runway? What is the best way to create a flightplan without having to put sids and stars in but Atc being able to recognize that I want to use a Sid and star. Is this possible to do with PFPX? Also does it really matter that PFPX selects the runway.

Thank You

Steven Pow

Thank you guys.

** Ok.

So let me ask you Guys a question.

** Ok.

When you build your flightplan how exactly do you do it ???

** That is part of preflight for me.

** First, I already have a full set of SIDS, STARS and all approach plates for the departure airport, the arrival airport and the alternate airport.

** It takes a lot of printer paper and ink to get all this in hard copy.

** Then I study it all.

** I have to study all this to know what to expect and plan for today's flight.

** I get the weather program (ActiveSky-Next) going and get the Wx for the departure airport, the arrival airport and the alternate airport.

** I create my flight plan with my requested (best guess) departure Rwy, requested SID, requested STAR, requested Approach and runway.
** Any of this could change ... at any time, depending if you fly alone today .. then it will not change (training flight e.g.) or you are flying On-Line.

** I enter that into FSBuild, along with today's aircrafts takeoff cargo, passenger weight and requested Crz altitude to create my routing and generate my required fuel for today's flight and print the final report.

** I print the final route.

** I enter my flightplan into the weather engine (ActiveSky-Next) and generate a trip report with upperlevel wind data for todays cruise flightlevel..

** I print the 8 page Wx report.

** Now start MSFS, get your aircraft to the gate, load you bags, cargo, fuel and preflight the aircraft.

** If you are flying on-line you know all the departure an arrival procedures could change .... but in the sim, not enough to impact required trip fuel e.g.
** In which case you make the changes on-the-fly-as-you go.

** it takes me about an hour before I will be ready for pushback from the gate.

I have PFPX, and I usually just let PFPX create the route for me.
** I do not use PFPX so I cannot comment.

I seems to still be having some issues with my flight.
** you would have to check with the PFPX forum.

I'll give you an example.
**Ok.

This is a flight that I got from route.com DCT MERIT DCT OWR WOONS1.
** I would now go to my paper charts (full set of SIDS, STARS ) and verify all this ... it could be wrong or different from what you want.

When I start up PFPX and start to select the information I need for the flight one of the things that it asks me is for the departure airport and your arrival airport.
** Ok.

When I do this it automatically selects a runway for takeoff and a runway for landing which I suspect that it does because of the weather information that it's getting.
** Ok.

When I start up the sim and I start to get the information from ATC it gives me I believe is the New York one departure and runway 22 right but why would it give me the ny one departure if my flightplan says I'm using the merit departure and PFPX gave me an original runway of 31 right.
** yes, "If you are flying on-line you know all the departure an arrival procedures could change .... but in the sim, not enough to impact required trip fuel e.g."

** So, knowing this, just do a basic flight plan without procedures ... and then do what ATC says
** This is where your "full set of SIDS, STARS and all approach plates for the departure airport, the arrival airport and the alternate airport." comes in handy.

If they're both using the same information for weather which they should be, then why is it that one program gives me one runway and another program gives me a completely different runway?
** Controllers make changes all the time ... based on Wx, other flights in/outbound etc.

What is the best way to create a flightplan without having to put sids and stars in but Atc being able to recognize that I want to use a Sid and star.
** One way is this KJFK KBOS.

Is this possible to do with PFPX?
** you would have to check with the PFPX forum.

** Also does it really matter that PFPX selects the runway.
** No ... but things could change when you get to ATC ... happens all the time.

** Then there is the issue of IFR flight in general ... are you comfortable flying IFR with routing changes, missed approaches, diversions to alternates, holding etc.?

** Are you currently basically VFR pilot at this point?

** Which aircraft are you flying?

** I assume you get updated procedure (cycles) for the aircraft(s) you fly and VoxATC?

** Prior to departure .. if routing or Crz FL have changed and you want accurate reports you will have to enter the final data back into your Wx engine and flight planner and print the reports again (more paper and ink!).

Have a good flight.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW