Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

When is the last time you crashed?

Guest panda234

Don't get me wrong, I'm just asking, because I tried out some new scenery that is kind of tough. But, it occurred to me, when is the last time I crashed? I can't remember it. It was like a year ago, or more. And I've done some crazy things since then. But haven't crashed. And you? What made you crash?billg

You mean a CTD or crashing the airplane?

I haven't had a CTD for quite some time and have quite a bit of add-on scenery, activesky, add-on aircraft, etc.. I haven't even experienced the seasonal CTD, either. I use FS9 and choose airports mostly in the US, so that may have something to do with it, I suppose. I use win xp and a nvidia 64 mb card. Once I found a good driver things seemed to settle down and be very very stable.As far as crashing the airplane, well...that seems to happen more regularly!

Last week on approach with the A319. Wasn't my fault however. I encountered wake turbulence and the airfile of the PSS model seems to have problems with that. You'll lose all upward pitch about 100 feet above the ground and nothing you'll do will get the nose up again. But other than that I neither crash anymore nor do I have to fly go-arounds because my approach was badly executed.And I remember well the times where landing heavies was always a bit of making me uneasy because I never knew wether I would brake the wheels on touchdown. Those worries are gone now also. Practice helps. ;)

Guest bobsk8

Actually crashed last week, when trying to land with the ceiling at about 50 AGL in my ATR. I was flying into an Airport in Belgium and I really wanted to see what the airport looked like because the company I work for is located there, and I was at that airport 2 weeks ago on a business trip. Since It was late and I was about to hit the sack I was determined to land. So I went past the 400 ft decision height, and then a bit lower, ( still couldn't see anything ) and a bit lower....... hmm .. looks like a roof top just went by...... building crash.... :)Wonder how often that happens in real life?

Guest Rockcliffe

Yesterday.I was flying an approach through a severe thunderstorm into Detroit Metro in a Northwest CRJ (based on an actual experience I had last spring, although the brunt of the storm hit as we were taxiing to the terminal.)I flew the approach smoothly, lined up and seconds before touchdown asked the question: Did I remember to drop the gear?I hadn't. :-(BlairCYOW

Guest panda234

Blair, you get big points for admitting that one, hehe. You have to check out the scenery (in my other post. Well, the one that didn't get deleted) for taiwan. That's where I did it. I did the download thunderstorms, and it was crazy, couldn't see a thing, not that's there's much to see, only 100 feet of runway then a tunnel. And, unfortunately, mountains on either side. I'm intimate friends with the bite size scavengers there. I don't even think the eagles would have wasted their time. btw, I lived in Ottawa for 20 years. Back in the days when it closed at 11pm and we had to go to Hull to finish off. Which we did quite well...billg

Every once in awhile I jump in the Aerial Foundry Blue Angels F-18 and try to fly an Air Show from the Tower View and I have bounced off the ground more than once doing that. I havent crashed an Airliner since early FS2002. In Fs2000 though I crashed more than once.

Last time I crashed was when I was taxiing around in some twin (one of FSD's birds, don't remember which) and the wing hit a Cessna :-lol

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest bobsk8

>Yesterday.>I was flying an approach through a severe thunderstorm into>Detroit Metro in a Northwest CRJ (based on an actual>experience I had last spring, although the brunt of the storm>hit as we were taxiing to the terminal.)>I flew the approach smoothly, lined up and seconds before>touchdown asked the question: Did I remember to drop the>gear?>I hadn't. :-(>Blair>CYOWI did a similiar thing in my PMDG awhile back and the only thing that saved the day was the Boeing callout..... "Too Low Gear"....... Just as the gear locked, the wheels touched... whew!!!!

This afternoon. I was attempting a flight from Meigs to Airlake (Lakeville MN) in a DA-20 Katana using real time weather. As I left the Chigago area the winds were at 13kts with a light rain/sleet. Shortly before my arrival at Airlake, the Minnesota weather changed to 25-35kt winds from the north with a heavy rain/sleet mix. The DA-20's are a light aircraft that in the past I have had problems landing with stronger winds. Touched down hard on the left wheel on runway 30, tried to recover, but I just could not pull it back together. I had save the flight at about 10 miles out from the airport, reloaded the saved flight and successfully landed the on my next attempt.Tom

Guest ps76

I seem to be crashing quite a lot lately. Usually it happens trying to take off in floatplanes (which I only just moved to - honest!). Maybe it the .air file.. Maybe it's Microsoft's wave modelling.. Probably it's just my bad flying :-eek :-eek

for a few weeks, I was making a (virtual!) holiday trip under VFR in the default Cessne in Scotland, Hebrides. On my way back to Stornoway suddenly the sky filled up with clouds. I flew at 4500 feet. ATIS Stornoway reported a cloudbase at 500 ft. So I decided to make a visual landing and an approach at 300/400 feet. Changing tot IFR costs a lot of time, because ATC first leads you about 20 miles from you destination..So I descended to 400 feet in the clouds. No problem, I was over the see. But I wasn't. The last thing I saw during 2 seconds were the landing lights hitting a mountain. Clouds, crosswind had caused desorientation. For realism: Next MSFS release should also have a funeral function for crashed pilots!:+ I my next pilotlifes I'll always change VFR to IFR under these circumstances!Herman

Today :)I was flying to Madrid (LEMD) with my AVRO RJ100, just landing when suddenly a stupid AI plane crossed the runway. I tried to avoid the collision by giving full throtlle but I couldn't get away on time, so aircraft collision ...That's something Microsoft should defenetly improve...

Guest Kingair315

Last time I crashed, was when my right engine caught fire, and while I was attempting to shut it down, it exploded and lost a wing. Bob