Sign in to follow this  
BoeingNut76

PMDG BAe JS4100 - Displays dark, Levers not animated/not moving

Hi fellow airmen/airwomen,

I am in desperate need of help regarding the J41. Something changed... and now the aircraft is unusable. When I load the J41 (no matter from where I load it or which flight I choose) the VC behaves strange. The condition levers for example are stuck in the most forward condition (flight) and I can't move them. Same with the throttles. The main displays remain dark as well. Even when I have the GPU connected or the engines running (which I can only achieve by loading the J41 after I loaded a standard FSX aircraft with running engines before). The even stranger part: clicking the condition levers and moving the mouse while holding the mouse button actually changes the props pitch. Moving the throttle also causes a increase in thrust... but the levers won't budge in the VC.

At first I supsected FS2CREW Voice Control. Then EZDok. Now I took the previous night to delete FS X in total and start anew. No luck. The problem persists... even tho I have no FS2CREW and no EZDok installed anymore. Track IR isn't active either.

I don't know what else to do and I have spent hours in trying to find an error. Even re-reactivating the J41 wouldn't do. I need a hint. Even the smallest or furthest fetched idea is welcome. I tried so many workarounds that I am starting to question my own sanity... :D not that there's a lot to lose.

Thank a lot in advance!

Regards,

Peter

Peter,

What do you use to control your levers / axes?

What is your default FSX flight?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi vonmar and thanks for the swift reply.

I am using the Saitek X52... all axes are unprocessed by fsuipc. My default flight is the standard cessna on an airfield of my choice. Until now (doing this stuff for some years now) I simply loaded the free flight menu, entered the desired parameters (DEP, Time, A/C etc.) and startet the flight. For my current problem I tried the J41 tutorial flight as well (the one starting at KHPN), but no luck so far.

Peter

Peter,

Un-plug the Saitek X52.

I would remove the FSUIPC (which version?/registered?) dll so it is not in use during testing of the axes.

Delete the throttle axes assignments in FSX.

Test.

What happens now?

Best Regards,

Unplugged the X52, deleted the throttle axis and deactivated FSUIPC (Version 4.858; unregistered) - situation is unchanged - but I appreciate the idea! Keep em coming :)

Ah... and one thing I should have mentioned before... the yellow caution light is flashing and the aural warning is audible, I also can depress the button to cut-out the warning, but it won't cease pinging and flashing. This is all very strange...

Could it be something with the license? I didn't buy the A/C via PMDG but from a company called "aerosoft" - a seller in germany. They are licensed and so all should be fine... still this reminds me of a licensing issue I had with the PMDG 777... lights out in midair because the mobo-timer was erratic (or something like that).

In this state, do other payware work ok?

FSUIPC 4.858 is from 2012!

Best Regards,

Yep... the PMDG 737NGX, MD-11 and B777 are working w/o problems.

Usually I am using EZDok, FS2CREW, Active Sky Next, Radar Contact 4, FS Passengers and FSACARS for online flying. These things are all offline or uninstalled right now.

Submit a ticket to PMDG.

Best Regards,

Roger... will do. I'll report back here, if they can present a solution, so others will profit from it too. Thanks so much for your help!

Just in case anyone coming across the same problem, I'd like to report what I've found out sofar.

The problem still exists: when lauching FSX with EZDok, TrackIR, ASN, RC4, FS2CREW Voice Edition and the X52 Saitek Flightstick, the condition levers won't move, the throttle is not animated and the displays remain dark. After testing, un- and reinstalling stuff, filing a ticket with PMDG the problem is still there. I can only get the J41 to work when I stop the ezcam module from loading. If THAT isn't load, EVERYTHING works.

This is... pardon my french... driving me batshit crazy, coz I don't understand the how and why. As far as I recall it worked before... but - starting to question my sanity - I am not sure any more. The EZCam add-on is not critical... still it makes the "workplace-simulation" of a cockpit more realistic. 

Should anybody have another idea - HOLLER! I'm down trying ANYTHING (except for black magic, voodoo and beef jerky... I hate that stuff!)

Cheers,

Pete

Hi Pete, hi friends,

did you get any solution till now? I've got the same Problem. Anyway - on the first start of my plane (after install) the activation Window does not appear?? So i think the problem is that i am not able to insert my key and activate the aircraft.

any idea?

thx Erich

Hi Erich,

no news on my end. I am still in touch with the PMDG support and I have yet to try another solution they offered but haven't had the time yet. The ultima ratio would be setting up Win7 again... but I am not there yet. I'll keep you posted, should a solution arise. Best of luck till then!

Cheers,

Pete

"I can only get the J41 to work when I stop the ezcam module from loading. If THAT isn't load, EVERYTHING works."

EZcam or EZdok?

Just checking?

Best Regards,

Hi Pete,

i managed to solve the problem on my machine. Removed the JS41. After new installation of the aircraft i started P3d with default aircraft. Change P3D into windowed mode and changed aircraft to the JS41. Now the activation window appears. Activation works fine. After that everything in normal operation. levers, power,.... all OK :rolleyes:

cheers

Erich

Erich,

Pete is on PMDG JS4100 FSX  .. not P3D?

Best Regards,