Sign in to follow this  
Pilatus Matt

REX4 upgrade or keep REX E + OD

Just getting back in to FSX after a few months in hiding. My first purchase since being back was ActiveSky Next.

Would it be worth the upgrade to REX4 over REX E + OD as far as textures are concerned and also in regard to how well it plays with ASNEXT?

I'm running in DX10.

Yes! & YES!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Obvious from Jose what he thinks I should do. Bummer I missed the sale.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Just getting back in to FSX after a few months in hiding. My first purchase since being back was ActiveSky Next.

Would it be worth the upgrade to REX4 over REX E + OD as far as textures are concerned and also in regard to how well it plays with ASNEXT?

I'm running in DX10.

Precisely that question did I intend to start a new thread with but someone came before me. I see I can get $5 discount owning REX 3. How much better can the textures get compared to REX 3?

Didn't know there was a Rex 3 so really  cant comment on that front, but  since I got rexe/od   imo  rex4 textures are better  and  the main difference is the installation of the textures,  takes less  than 30 seconds  to install the textures.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks Deacon. That's exactly what I was looking for. The consensus seems to be that the upgrade is worth it. Decisions, decisions.

Pete,

There's no such a program "REX3." There's REX Essentials + OD. It includes both textures and a weather engine.

The new product REX4 is textures only. Weather engine is in Beta.

ASN is an option Weather engine. The new king if you want the latest and greatest.

Yea  I know  there isn't  a rex3 since I was questioning jfri  since he mentioned he had  rex3.  And yes  I got  asn  when it first came out  and it  goes well with my rex4 which I got  when it first came out  as well :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Got both and to be honest that was a good upgrade (and you can also mix both) but one thing I didn't like about Rex 4 is that it doesn't allow you to install chosen textures (for example clouds only). Have no idea why they removed this feature which was there in Rex 3. I am currently having a break from FSX kicking Carthage butts in rome tw 2 so don't know how is it now. Hope that it was/will be fixed.

Got both and to be honest that was a good upgrade (and you can also mix both) but one thing I didn't like about Rex 4 is that it doesn't allow you to install chosen textures (for example clouds only). Have no idea why they removed this feature which was there in Rex 3. I am currently having a break from FSX kicking Carthage butts in rome tw 2 so don't know how is it now. Hope that it was/will be fixed.

What do you mean? 

In REX E there is an Options tab where you choose what NOT to install.

Using REX 4 I just install the textures that I want. Ex. Choose the clouds, then install. Done!

Yea  I know  there isn't  a rex3 since I was questioning jfri  since he mentioned he had  rex3.  And yes  I got  asn  when it first came out  and it  goes well with my rex4 which I got  when it first came out  as well :P

I was referring to REX Essential Plus which in the about menu states to be V 3.3

What do you mean?

In REX E there is an Options tab where you choose what NOT to install.

Using REX 4 I just install the textures that I want. Ex. Choose the clouds, then install. Done!

Yes there is options tab where you can exclude particular sets of textures (for eg water if you want to keep default or lights)and install rest with one click. Not possible in rex4 - I would have to manually replace default textures or install one by one because there is no exclude option when I want to install complete set I made but without replacing some textures I don't want to

Cant see  whats the problem is its not like taking  15 minutes to install the textures , it like just under 10 seconds or  so, and yes  you can just simply install  the clouds just need to go to the cloud option select what cloud texture you want  select ok and  than select install.

Peter kelberg