Sign in to follow this  
Akinesis

Stuck with a fatal error - 6.34

Hi all,

I upgraded to VoxATC 6.34 and ever since I have had a fatal error that occurs immediately after start up. I know there have been a few of these raised, but no solution so far has cured my problem. The old 6.20 version worked fine.

Setup:

Along with FSX I run:

- Air Hauler

- SPAD

- Track IR

- Frictionality

- Opus

Air Hauler and Frictionality are my two latest add-ons.

What I have tried:

- Re-installation of 6.34

- Uninstalling Air Hauler and Frictionality

- Checking sound settings

- Ensuring US English is selected

- Uninstalled both VoxPOP and Ivona voices to use just MS Anna

- Tried the standard 'create flight plan/save/reload'

- Re-register

- I've run the indexer many times

I've also been going through a lot of things with Tegwyn all week, but to no avail. The reason I'm posting on here is because Tegwyn needs a weekend like anyone else. But I really want VoxATC back so I'd like to carry on knocking down potential solutions if possible over the weekend. Tegwyn believes it is something to do with a sound file.

The interesting thing to add is that I tried going back to 6.20, but the error has appeared with both versions now!?!

Below is a copy of my error log:

Log Start 05/02/2014 15:13:18

FSUIPCInt init Start
FSUIPCInt init End
0 Ins Text set : Initializing
235748 Prompt Text set : 
235857 Ins Text set : 6.34 Initializing.
No FS Type found = Boeing 737-800 Paint1
No FS Type found = Boeing 747-400 Paint1
235951 Ins Text set : 6.34 Initializing..
236029 Ins Text set : 6.34 Initializing...
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Asti.Init()
init synth start
init synth end
Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
   at SpeechLib.SpVoiceClass.Speak(String Text, SpeechVoiceSpeakFlags Flags)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.SqSynthesizer.Speak(String strOut)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.SapiVoice.Speak(ISqSynthesizer synth, String strIn)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.RTVoice.Speak(ISqSynthesizer synth, String strIn)
   at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitializeVoices()
   at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()
236325 Ins Text set : FATAL ERROR! disable VoxATC

I would greatly appreciate any help.

What is your OS?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

What di the Windows Event Viewer say .. the module NAME that caused the error?

Best Regards,

All events , fatal (in red) and non fatal get logged along with the data and time ... where / which log were  you looking at?

Best Regards,

I'm in 'Event Viewer'. I'm looking in 'Windows Logs > Application'. The only one in red is Eve Online, which died on me about half an hour ago during an update.

Just to be clear, the fatal error is displayed in the VoxATC window, and not Windows itself. I just restarted FSX and turned VoxATC on a few time to cycle the error, but no new logs came up. Please let me know if I am looking at the wrong windows application to view the logs.

"Just to be clear, the fatal error is displayed in the VoxATC window, and not Windows itself."

Ok, you are in the correct area.

I guess Voxatc support will have to decode their own error ...

Best Regards,

OK, thanks for your help. It's all a little frustrating to say the least!

Anyone else understand the error log?

"The interesting thing to add is that I tried going back to 6.20, but the error has appeared with both versions now!?!"

Now ,,, my first thoughts are.

1. Both versions are ok. Something external is causing it.

2. Before re-installing 6.2 you were not rid of all traces of previously installed 6.34 and 6.2... voices (except Anna) and all. No old folders or files.

Except for VoxATC is your PC running all other applications without any problems?

What is the drive and path to your VoxATC installation?

Mine is:

F:\VoxATC X

Edit: I searched with google.

Read this post:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/336166-another-fatal-error-disable-voxatc-help-question/

Solved. Tegwyn sent me the unlock key,I unlocked the software and the things started working.

Best Regards,

No, I did not get rid of the Ivona voices or the VoxPop. However, I have uninstalled them since. Maybe I shall try another completely fresh install.

I have two drives. Currently, the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Internal Workings\VoxATC X. But that was to try and get it working if it went onto the C:. Normally it would be F:\Internal Workings\VoxATC.

I'm having a read of that post. I tried the save-load thing and I've also re-registered VoxATC.

No, I did not get rid of the Ivona voices or the VoxPop. However, I have uninstalled them since. Maybe I shall try another completely fresh install.

I have two drives. Currently, the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Internal Workings\VoxATC X. But that was to try and get it working if it went onto the C:. Normally it would be F:\Internal Workings\VoxATC.

I'm having a read of that post. I tried the save-load thing and I've also re-registered VoxATC.

Edit: I've just wiped every single trace of Ivona and Vox that I could find. Re-installed Vox (no Ivona or VoxPop), re-registered and just used MS Anna for the voice. Exactly the same error occurs, straight away on start-up  <_<

Perhaps having Windows recheck the voice/speech recognition files (see if you can find it in the control panel - windows options area) and do a repair or reinstall option on those parts.  It's possible that some corruption there took place.