Sign in to follow this  
Lashrathius

REX blue fog fix

Installed REX 4 clouds and REX Ess + Overdrive textures a month ago. Now that I got Active Sky Next, it is generating blue fog for visibility and it is driving me nuts. What .bmp is the FSX visibility texture? I'd like to restore it so I can, again, enjoy white fog instead of blue.

Hank

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Sounds like a problem with Shade if you're using that program with REX and ASN. As far as I've seen REX or AS can't cause that issue.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think this is caused by the choice of sky texture, at least it was for me.  After trying many sky textures, I now use REX 'Touch of Smog' for my daytime sky texture and the fog is no longer blue.   If the lower portion of the sky texture you choose is too blue the fog and low visibility tends to look blue as well. 

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Yep, its all to do with the selected sky texture in REX4. I had this issue too.

Cant remember which ones exactly but there are one or two that cause this effect. Pick one of the paler blue textures.

Awesome thanks guys. The paler sky texture fixed it. Enjoying white vis colour again !

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Awesome thanks guys. The paler sky texture fixed it. Enjoying white vis colour again !

I had this long time  ago what caused my issue is  that I had  the dx10x  checked in my option   when I unchecked it  it went back to being  white  so now  can use  any sky color combination

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg