Sign in to follow this  
aheli

3gb vram enough?

I have the opportunity to buy 2 evga gtx 780 ti superclock for a really good price. I'm running a triple monitor setup at 5760 x 1080 res and i also have a goal to run it in 3D once it is supported. But i read that some of you use more than 3 gb vram when running prepar3d v2. Should i wait for the 880 series or perhaps check out the Titan or you think 3gb vram is enough?

The 780Ti is a beast in its own right. Some say when overclocked it outruns the TITAN. For me P3D runs amazingly well, I do plan on getting another 780Ti sometime in the future though, but the 3GB of Vram is more than enough!

For FSX, 3GB of VRAM is more than enough. I use a 780 overclocked and it runs fsx like a gem. For other games like Battlefield 4, I'd go for SLI or wait for the Maxwell (8--) cards. However - there is a GTX 780 from EVGA that offers 6GB of VRAM if you're interested in the 7-- series.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

The 780Ti is a beast in its own right. Some say when overclocked it outruns the TITAN. For me P3D runs amazingly well, I do plan on getting another 780Ti sometime in the future though, but the 3GB of Vram is more than enough!

Do you run triple monitors shamrock?

For FSX, 3GB of VRAM is more than enough. I use a 780 overclocked and it runs fsx like a gem. For other games like Battlefield 4, I'd go for SLI or wait for the Maxwell (8--) cards. However - there is a GTX 780 from EVGA that offers 6GB of VRAM if you're interested in the 7-- series.

I have a feeling 3gb is just a little shy of what i need. With 4 or 5gb i would feel safe. The Titan is just to expensive. Nvidia produced several 770's with 4gb vram. Don't get why they could not put more vram into the 780. Probably to sell more of the Titan. I will check out the 6gb 780.

Hi there, I had the same question as you some time ago and went with 770 4GB for triple monitor 3600x1920. 

With this card I rarely see usage go above 3GB, but do occasionally see fps drop to low 20s and get some judder, and when that happens wish I had a 780/780ti. 

I think if you have to get something now, either 780TI, or SLI 770 4GB are good options. 780TI 6GB should be available soon would be the best option. 

Hi there, I had the same question as you some time ago and went with 770 4GB for triple monitor 3600x1920. 

With this card I rarely see usage go above 3GB, but do occasionally see fps drop to low 20s and get some judder, and when that happens wish I had a 780/780ti. 

I think if you have to get something now, either 780TI, or SLI 770 4GB are good options. 780TI 6GB should be available soon would be the best option. 

You are right. 780 ti 6gb would do the job for sure. I have the option to buy 2 brand new 780 ti superclock for 1200 dollars at this moment, and they would probably run the flight sim pretty well, but i am going for sliders all to the right in 3D. Guess i hang back til the prize drops for the 780 ti 6 gig version or maybe 880 sli when they are released. But then again that will probably take a while. Thanks for the reply!

No issues with 3GB

I think i will go for EVGA GTX 780 6gb SLI.They will sell for a resonable prize in a few weeks and with 6 gb vram i will feel more confident. I could wait for the ti version, but i don`t think the wait and extra cost is worth it.

Thanks for the help everyone!