Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Scared of vatsim?

No longer....  vPilot pilot client has been released...

I set it up without RTFM....  you can too...

No longer than 5 minutes required.  Both comms finally working yay!

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/

Enjoy

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looks really good. I see where they have 2 computer set up as well.

Interesting thanks for the HU I'll give it a try.

How is it different to say squawkbox?

This isn't the new client Vatsim has been working on for awhile is it?

Interesting thanks for the HU I'll give it a try.

How is it different to say squawkbox?

This isn't the new client Vatsim has been working on for awhile is it?

There's Vpilot, the simple client, and the other one that's soon to be finished. Temporarily called Open Source pilot client. 

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Any issues once flying? I assume it doesn't crash fsx like FSINN did. Waiting to hear feedback before installing and finally flying online again!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

There's Vpilot, the simple client, and the other one that's soon to be finished. Temporarily called Open Source pilot client. 

Thanks

No.... I'm using default aircraft set.  No crashes.  Just did FNO KBWG to KSDF.  Saw lots of planes in the sky.  One thing I noticed I can't use display labels shortcut anymore... or at least I couldn't see aircraft labels like with SB4.  But no matter, acft were visible at night and easy to spot.  If you have UT2 or MTX there are already pre-configured setups for those - pretty sweet!

the GUI is simple but elegant, text chat is simple, voice options are fine but maybe controllers having a harder time hearing me than SB4.  It says it reads FSX transponder but I was flying Carenado Phenom and they didn't see my sqwaking mode C even though the plane said I was.  Will have to test with a different model.

So far I really like it.  

One other thing that plagued me with SB4 - every so often my pilot client volume gets turned down by Windows7.  Anyone ever had this?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Right click the speaker, select Playback devices... click the Communications tab... select "Do nothing"... click 'Ok'

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Right click the speaker, select Playback devices... click the Communications tab... select "Do nothing"... click 'Ok'

Hey thanks Ed!!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Do you have to use voice for Vatsim ? Can you use text ? The reason I do not fly online is I cannot use voice. And Just wondering.

Also, can it run via simconnect and /or WideFs ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

You can use text... but it's fairly cumbersome for pilots and controllers imho....

Yes you can run it via simconnect.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Ok, thanks Ryan. Might give it a miss then. I would only make it difficult for controllers :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I used to fly a while ago all the time. Using text is no issue. I did it all the time when I was in the office but the kids and wife were asleep. The last thing she wanted to hear at 1am was me reading back virtual clearances. Give it a try. Controllers or at least all the ones I ran across in LA area and Jax were always the best. Never cared about voice. You can eve specify if you just want them to talk to you and you will type back to you can just go text all the way. Give it a try I say. Vatsim changed FSX for me.

I used to fly a while ago all the time. Using text is no issue. I did it all the time when I was in the office but the kids and wife were asleep. The last thing she wanted to hear at 1am was me reading back virtual clearances. Give it a try. Controllers or at least all the ones I ran across in LA area and Jax were always the best. Never cared about voice. You can eve specify if you just want them to talk to you and you will type back to you can just go text all the way. Give it a try I say. Vatsim changed FSX for me.

Interesting, thanks William for the info. I can certainly do voice one way and txt the other.