Sign in to follow this  
Murph737

Default Fuel Pump noise persistent in VC.

Hey all,

Have searched the forum but to no avail.

Finally got around to purchasing the PMDG 777 as I have a little more time on my hands for longer haul flights. Just as a background I've flown the NGX since it was first released in 2011 and I'm pretty competent when it comes to boeing aircraft.

Anyway, I have this really odd sound problem in the VC view and only the VC view. There is this loud thrumming pump like noise that plays even when the aircraft is completely cold and dark, no matter how I start the sim or even after a manual cold and dark setting.

I knew I'd heard the noise before and I have positively narrowed it down to the default fuel pump noise (C:\FSX\Sound\'fuel_pump.wav').

I guess I could delete the file but I'm wondering if this could be a PMDG problem and if there is a fix.

Many thanks in advance.

Win 7 64

Also appears to be happening in the NGX but cannot reproduce the persistent fuel pump noise in any other aircraft.

What´s your default flight? I had the same problem, just delete the default flight and create a new one with a basic aircraft. solved the isue for me...

LABOX4.jpg

Press Q twice - long standing bug in the FSX sound system that was never fixed by MS.

Sorry Tabs, should have mentioned that cycling 'Q' doesn't resolve this particular issue.

What´s your default flight? I had the same problem, just delete the default flight and create a new one with a basic aircraft. solved the isue for me...

Default flight is the default C172 cold and dark but I'll give that a shot, thanks for the idea.

press esc then get back to cockpit, problem solved :) (in my case it works)

Thank you, I'll try this also.