Sign in to follow this  
b777flyerlover

Setting up CH YOKE and pedals

Hey,

I'd like to request for help setting up my ch yoke as realistically as possible for airline flights.

I do not own FSUIPC. I've already calibrated it using the default windows calibrator.

What should the sensitivity and null zones be ?

thanks for your help.

As a rule of thumb:

maximum sensitivity and a null zone as small as possible (not quite zero, though, as this may lead to inadvertent autopilot disengagement with so-and-so many addon planes).

And get yourself some inexpensive used car racing pedals!   :P  (Those won't give you the toe brakes, but the rudder at least.)

I guess I take a view opposite from olli4740.  I'm expressing the view of a singe, long-time GA pilot now.  Since you're using the default calibration, I would start with a modest amount of null and sensitivity.  See how that feels to you.  The more sensitivity and the less null values you inject the less you will be able to physically move your controls.

I would suggest, if you are a pilot interested in GA flight, view some RW videos and pay particular attention to the amount of ambient movement pilots make to their controls, especially the flight stick or yoke.  I realize it varies considerably but you should witness a certain amount of constant movement and some significant movement during maneuvers and turbulence. 

For me, the best calibration of my flight controls (CH Yoke and Pedals) is derived by allowing them to be controlled by FSUIPC.  I like the ability to utilize the built-in "slope" feature.  This feature allows me to better control the amount of sensitivity throughout the "travel distance" or "play" of both the yoke and pedals.

I suggest you start by using the default FSX calibration feature and, when you believe you are ready to try something that allows for a little more control and realism, try FSUIPC.

Leave them at defaults and see how they feel, then make adjustments as needed.

Jay

Thanks guys, but what does null zone mean ?

If I understand it correctly, it's the status of that system, when the linked control is not being pressed.

Thanks guys, but what does null zone mean ?

It is the adjustment to set the amount of movement needed before a control responds

Jay