Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

KDEN is Out

Can someone explain what "no need to purchase GSX" means in the manual?

It means that GSX will work for free at that airport, no need to purchase it. Not a trial or anything, it's just there and can be fully used to my knowledge. If you want it for everywhere else you'd need to purchase it. 

So how do I use it?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So how do I use it?

I could be wrong here as I own GSX.

I was led to believe that FB and FSDT now supply GSX as part of their payware airport offerings.  GSX should appear in your add-on drop down and give you access to key assignments, gate and aircraft config etc and be available to you at that airport only.

Hirdy

So how do I use it?

Ryan, you still need to go to the FSDT website and download and install GSX, but you don't need to pay for GSX to use it at all FSDT and Flightbeam airports. It will work for free at those airports, but if you want to use it at other non FSDT or Flightbeam airports you will need to pay for it. The GSX installer is not included in the KDEN download, you need to download it separately.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So how do I use it?

Ryan, you still need to go to the FSDT website and download and install GSX, but you don't need to pay for GSX to use it at all FSDT and Flightbeam airports. It will work for free at those airports, but if you want to use it at other non FSDT or Flightbeam airports you will need to pay for it. The GSX installer is not included in the KDEN download, you need to download it separately.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ahhhh, that's what I was missing lol... I pulled into a gate for fun and got the jetway to move yay.... And that was all

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks! I guess I live under a rock as I've never heard of them! Lol

Me neither, Until today I didn't know anything about the existing of Sim720

Yay! I'm glad Flightbeam chose to do KDEN, one great thing about it is you never have to worry about OOM's because the airport is in the middle of scenic nowhere lol  ^_^

That and actually it is very very well done regarding the VAS.  I checked on my rig - not even above 2.5 GB (total including the typical payware plane)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Low VAS hit, good FPS, great visuals...Flightbeam sure has done a good job on this.

KDEN offers some interesting (very) short real-world flight opportunities for the B1900 and Q400...try KDEN-KCOS, a scheduled Q400 flight, it's like lobbing a football, all arc :-)

And there's a freeware KCOS scenery here at avsim that makes a nice flying pair.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Dang and I just purchased BP KDEN:( Does anyone know if KATL will be done by one of the top developers? IMS's KATL is a shimmering mess.

Dang and I just purchased BP KDEN:( Does anyone know if KATL will be done by one of the top developers? IMS's KATL is a shimmering mess.

My guess is FSDT will do it at one point. They've mentioned it before.

Low VAS hit, good FPS, great visuals...Flightbeam sure has done a good job on this.

KDEN offers some interesting (very) short real-world flight opportunities for the B1900 and Q400...try KDEN-KCOS, a scheduled Q400 flight, it's like lobbing a football, all arc :-)

And there's a freeware KCOS scenery here at avsim that makes a nice flying pair.

If anyone's looking for real Q400 routes out of Denver, Republic as United Express flies them to: Montrose (MTJ), Grand Junction (GJT), COS (already mentioned), Durango (DRO), Oklahoma City (OKC), Rapid City (RAP), Kansas City (MCI), Eagle/Vail (EGE), Hayden/Steamboat Springs (HDN), Wichita (ICT), and I believe Albuquerque (ABQ) as well.