Sign in to follow this  
Q400lover

ASN Weather radar integration

Hi, my names Aaron and I was wondering when you get the 777 WX radar working are you going to put it in the NGX to? If not please do.

Forget it! PMDG guys work for T7, their new product. there are a lot of new improvements that has been talking here (Weather radar inclusive) for a new patch but NOTHING was done or will be done.

If you would like to have this new feature: BUY THEIR T7.

This is my opinion.

Forget it! PMDG guys work for T7, their new product. there are a lot of new improvements that has been talking here (Weather radar inclusive) for a new patch but NOTHING was done or will be done.

If you would like to have this new feature: BUY THEIR T7.

This is my opinion.

Sincerely I hope you are wrong.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Riccardo,

I also hope that my opinion is wrong......because I am a PMDG 737 NGX customer too.

There are 2 years since SP1. Unfortunatelly a lot of thing was discussed here and NOTHING was done!

I would like to be wrong but....

Does the Majestic dash have a working ASN integrated weather radar ? If so, is this the same we can expect in the NGX, or has PMDG abandoned the NGX as a finished product ? Reading through the forums and considering the 2 year delay, i to have begun to feel pesimistic.

I agree with Silvio, it seems that they don't go back on an already released product when they are committed with a new one. Now they are doing the 777 and don't mind about the 737, when they finalize the 747 v2 maybe they won't mind about the 777. I hope to be wrong, since they stated that the wxr will be in the 737, but the statement seems to be too vague, as if it was something that will happen maybe in one or two years and that has no sense...

James Goggi

Obligatory comment referring to the fact that SP2 is going to implement a lot of the benefits realized in the 777.  This was stated years ago.  Search the forum for a minute or two and you'll find a few references by multiple members of the team.

You'd have to have solid code from the 777 to roll those benefits back to the 737, would you not?  You would, ergo the SP2 dependent on SP1 for the 777.

Logic.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm still wondering... What "delay"? which issue in the NGX is so big that it makes the entire add-on unflyable?

I'm genuinely interested here, because in all that time ince the release of SP1c, I haven't found a single bug that wrecks the NGX...

Could be just me though...

And for the blind amongst you... they ARE busy working on SP2, as has been mentioned multiple time by several members of PMDG. It has been said time and again: getting SP1 for the 777 out the door has priority right now, after that, more news on SP2 for the NGX will become available.

I don't see why the concept of different development teams is so hard to grasp? Seriously, you guys don't think there's just one guy working on SP1 for the 777, and the rest is just sitting on their hands, waiting?

Sorry for the rant, but people pulling things out of context (and out of proportion) kinda grind my gears.

Sorry for the rant, but people pulling things out of context (and out of proportion) kinda grind my gears.

You and me both...

While I understand some of the sentiment, because of the reputation of the community set by other developers - namely, those projects that had a bunch of publicity up front, and then go on forever with no update and then fade from existence (there have been several and I will not name them) - PMDG isn't quite what those other developers are/were.

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry Thomas Vandermeiren,

If my NGX can be better, I want the best!

If you are happy with yours, Cool!

Really it is a great Bird but  I would like to see Weather Radar and several another issues fixed in mine.......

As customer, I hope the best product in my hand.

Sorry but "out of context" is your comment regarding MY OPINION.

Have a nice day.

Well... No. I merely contributed to the tangent that was already in place.

The original post was ONLY about the WX RADAR also making its way to the NGX. Nothing more, nothing less.

Then "somebody" started a tangent about how "SP2 is still not done, no progress is being made, nothing is being told,...." In short, the usual.

It might also be fun to note that the actual question in the original post was answered at answer #2...

If the add-on isn't broken, there's nothing keeping you from flying it. All the extra things being developed are nice extra features, but they are nothing more than that. They're "just" free features. They were not promised at the initial release, and they will be free.

How is that a bad thing? Are you having that much problems with your NGX that it's really unflyable? If so, I think the problem lies with you(-r system), because nobody else reported them.

Also, let's just say this one last time... There is no delay, there can never be any delay. Why? Because they never released a timeline or target date. Just because you'd like something to be done tomorrow, does not mean it is going to happen, or even feasible.

If you try to counter my arguments, at least do it with other arguments.