Sign in to follow this  
adi518

Godzone is now offering NZ photoreal subscription (half price + FREE Wellington until 14th of May)

I'll begin by saying that I'm not affiliated with Robin of Godzone in any way, I'm just another sim-fan looking for a great NZ photoreal experience! smile.png

* If this thread is not allowed then please delete/move it, but if I may, please let me know the reason on PM. Thanks.

Robin said he once did subscription products, but stopped because of health issues. He's now back at it. I think New Zealand is one of the most interesting, beautiful places to fly around and for that, it needs an equally good sim representation. Robin decided to take on this mission and he's now offering this:

100$ for a 12-month Photoreal subscription, which you buy for 3-payments (33$ each).

OR if you decide to adopt it early (before 14th of May, 2014) you can get that for 50$ (in 2-payments) and you also get a FREE copy of Wellington when it's released. Installers will include FSX/P3D2.

All further details and screenshots are in this link: http://www.windowlight.co.nz/store/i...age=page&id=73

Check out the of the first installment (Mount Cook and surroundings) due to release by the end of May (turn On 1080p):

GodzoneSub01.jpg

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Bargain Hunter's Shack". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Yeh I know. I wasn't ignoring it. However, I'm afraid not many will see it now. :\

Thanks for the heads up. Heading to the store now. Living in New Zealand I know photoreal is the best way to go to get that real as it gets feeling. Robin from Godzone is a great local developer who I'm pleased to support.

Yes, I wanted to support him as well so I bought it. He posted an update today on his Facebook page, make sure you check it out. :)

Robin forgot to point out the special offer expiration date on the product page, so he has now added it and extended the offer until the end of May (31th).

Maybe a dumb question, but is this totally different to the ORBX NZ North and South? In other words, is it better than or worth getting?

Thanks.

This product aims to be entirely photoreal (to the extent of what's possible) while Orbx's offerings only utilize photoreal in certain areas. The rest is 'generic' orbx style. Incredible textures ofc, but more photoreal = superior.

Robin updated his FB page with this screenshot, showing the area he's currently working on; NZSI, Mount Cook and surroundings:

10304568_646783138726768_462133829607059

Wow that looks awesome. Thanks for the heads up Adi. I already own a few of the godzone airports and as a fellow Kiwi myself, I am really looking forward to Robin's new NZWN so this is a win win!

Just a quick question, I am currently using orbx NZSI at the moment and if I were to get this subscription, would I need Robin's VLC for this to work?

Cheers

I'm not entirely sure. Check out his FB page. I'll ask him tomorrow.