Sign in to follow this  
Guest Josve

Best Bush flying planes?

Hi all,Can anyone suggest a few of the best Bush planes out there? Payware or Freeware, but as long as they have everything, full panels, real systems, and accurate flight dynamics, and of course great external models. I've heard that Aerosoft's DH2 Beaver is pretty awesome. I'm currently in a transistion stage, going from complex airliners to a more hands on style of flying. I'll be getting the Misty Fjords scenery soon and I need the perfect plane for it. Any suggestions?Thanks so much,Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest papatango

The only bush plane that I own is the RealAir scout. Great plane. You can actually side slip and spin the airplane. Comes in a taildragger and float version. Fun to fly the taildragger version. Great short field landing plane. With full flaps and side slipping, you only need a few hundred foot runway. Full clickable VC. Gauges are easy to read. Very nice exterior model. See the Avsim review. Got 4.5 stars.Again though, I have not tried out other bush planes. There are not that many payware ones.Scott

Guest BobLee

Jeff-- Head to the Bush Flying forum on AVSIM and ask there. You'll get lots of answers.

Oh, I didn't even remember about that forum. Thanks!, and the real air scout looks awesome.Jeff

Jeff

Pilatus PC6 from FSD International Payware is just about king in my book (and a real world competitor as well). Haul just about anything you can get into it, and get out of anywhere.Freeware: Just about any Dehavilland aircraft short of the Dash7 and 8. (i.e. DHC2 Beavers and DHC-6 Twin Otters). There are some payware models as well which have a good track record as far as I know, but I am afraid I do not have them.The following might be a good starting place. I think most are hear on AvSim, but there may be some on FlightSim.DHC-2 Beavers: bvrwhlv2.zip; bvrfltv2.zip; dhc2_04w.zip; and for an amphibian, dhc2amppv2.zipDHC-6 Twin Otters: d6skyb42.zip; dhc-6_c-fopi_(amphihie).zip with all_dhc-6.zip for FS9); d6tam_24.zip; cc138w24.zip; d6pak05.zip; dh6_amor.zip Good luck:RTH

Maule M-7-260 by Mikko Maliniemi and Tomas Foosnes et al.This is one of the finest freeware aircraft I have ever downloaded. Available in a variety of models including floatplane. For some reason I cannot find the link to it in the AVSIM library which is where I'm sure I originally got it. It does seem to be available at "all nodes busy."Jeff

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Guest racartron

Y'all can find 'er here: http://www.fsnordic.net/ go to file library, then flight simulator, then aircraft and finally general aviation. It's the very first listing. Be sure to get all the bits (updates)-------------------Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember whatifdgsupport.jpg

Try:Aerosoft Beaver and Super Cub, RealAir Scout, FSD PC6 and SenecaV, Bill and Lynn Lyons Challenger II, freeware Maule and the default Cub. :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Forgot all about the Maule (Senior Moment). Great Bush Plane.m7260_v1.zip (11-14-2003)m7260_11.zip (Update 12-21-2003 Update)These are the file names on the FlightSim site. I don't know what they are called on AvSim.Happy Flying:RTH

Yes the maule is awesome with a great personality. The Aerosoft Beaver from photos I have seen don

The Beaver has the looks and feel of a real Bush aircraft IMHO and I love the Aerosoft version, mostly because of it's flying characteristics. The VC is not impressive, but I've removed some "unnecessary" windows from the vc to get smoother gauges, and swapped the modern instrument with some new ones from Flight1 172, so it's ok.The fun with it is the STOL capacaties, in replay it looks more like a helicopter ;)With skis, floats, amphibian and even tundra wheels there's no place you can't land it.Hey

Wow, lots of replies, thanks a lot everyone! Awesome paint on that last post also.Thanks again allJeff

Jeff