Sign in to follow this  
DanM

Friendly Panel's No 2D panel and no gauges

I installed the  BOEING 737-400/800 2D PANEL PACK for FSX and FS9 v.5.0 and am trying to alias it to my FSX Boeing 737-800. I had a heck of a time getting the planes to show up, and when I finally did I have no 2D panel and I have no gauges. Where my gauges should be I can see the tarmac. I contacted Friendly Panels Support April 30th and again on May 2th, but  Still haven’t gotten a reply. Their support seems to be non-existent.

Any of you panel Gurus got any ideas

Dan

Flt Sim X with Expansion Pack

Windows 7-64

16 gigs Ram

Nvidio 560x 1 gig

Quad core

Hi again,

Friendly Panels got back to me , and were extremely helpful and in a few days my problem is solved.The panel is a great looking panel

Glad you got the issues sorted.  My only experience with FP is with their FSX Beech B350 Super King Air.  I had a small issue with an update patch, figured out what it was and e-mailed them a report of what I had done to fix it.  They seemed to be happy to get my response, thanked me, and then updated the patch.  Only a couple of flies on their B350; no cabin pressurization controls and the exterior model is sub-par, but the virtual cockpit looks really nice.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hi again,

Friendly Panels got back to me , and were extremely helpful and in a few days my problem is solved.The panel is a great looking panel

Hi DanM;

Very interest, what was the solution. I just purchased the same panel a week ago and having issues installing it and I am still awaiting a response from the support team. When I try to install the panel I get a message ‘"Cannot create the Following File" C:\Windows\Fonts\glassga.$$A. I tried lots of different things and the same issue.

I am also running Win 7 with FSX.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

Glad you got the issues sorted.  My only experience with FP is with their FSX Beech B350 Super King Air.  I had a small issue with an update patch, figured out what it was and e-mailed them a report of what I had done to fix it.  They seemed to be happy to get my response, thanked me, and then updated the patch.  Only a couple of flies on their B350; no cabin pressurization controls and the exterior model is sub-par, but the virtual cockpit looks really nice.

Agreed. An under-publicised and under-rated aircraft, IMO, and fantastic value for the price. While it's been surpassed in prettiness by Carenado and Flight1 and soon by Milviz, it's still a good choice for someone with a low-end system.

Hi Forshaw,

I don't think that we have the same issue, but the following was the solution for me

Date: 5/8/2014 5:44:16 AM

Subject: RE: Alias Panels Missing Gauges With No 2D Panel

OK. Here is what you have to do. It’s not so simple.

First, don’t forget to backup any thing or file you’re going to replace or modify.

1.- Go to “[your main FSX folder]\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800 - 164 liveries\model” folder, delete or rename all files there. Then copy here the model.cfg file from “[your main FSX folder]\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800_fp”.

2.- Delete or rename the panel folder located in “[your main FSX folder]\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800 - 164 liveries\”. Then copy there the panel folder from “[your main FSX folder]\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800_fp”.

3.- In every livery folder you want to use you have to modify the texture.cfg file located in the corresponding folder. Let’s say you want to use the American Airlines livery, go to the “SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800 - 164 liveries\texture.AA” folder and edit (with notepad) the texture.cfg file that looks like this:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture

fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

replace with:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture

fallback.2=..\..\B737_800\texture

fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

That’s all. Hope it helps.

Hi DanM;

Thanks very much for taking the time to response with the details, I appreciate it. You are correct my issue was much different but wanted to more or less highlight the fact that they haven't responded to my issue. In any event I actually figured out what I had to do. I actually ran the executable as an Administrator and everything loaded successfully and everything runs fine. 

Thanks again.

Cheers.

F.