Sign in to follow this  
bouma1874

Tried Everything But Still Can't Find A Cause or Solution

Hi again,

I've done a load of research, testing, tweaking on cfg.'s and NI settings and still can's seem to stop this weird white flash on the water.  Everything runs smooth on the default flight until I turn the trike, then the water flashes white and the stuttering begins. I also get freezes of about 5 seconds occasionally when i  try another flight in the PMDG 737.

It's extremely frustrating as when its not stuttering it's the smoothest I've ever seen my fsx, and would be extremely grateful for any ideas on how to solve it.

I haven't seen this as a specific bug anywhere on any forum and tried everything i've read on various forums relating to stutters but just cant seem to find a solution :(.

My system:

Intel i7 3770k (OC @ 4.4 with HT On)

16GB Ram

SSD

Win 7

Nvidia Geforce 660ti

What's your buffer pools setting in the .cfg? Try running bufferpools=0 and water set to high 2x.

Iv tried your setting but still no joy :(. Thanks for the suggestion.

Uninstalled everything, done a clean re-install of FSX and still some issues.  In DX9, i get a wavey blur of the graphics running through the screen.  I switched to DX10, used the DX10 fixer and get the same blurry wave on top of the split second white flash on the water and the stutters.  This is with no config tweaks so maybe the graphics card has packed up??

I'm at a loss lol

In other discussions I've seen this referred to as an "overload" ( can't remember where ) possibly due to too high of autogen settings?

Turn down settings and see if it continues. Make sure you have DisablePreload=1 in fsx.cfg.