Sign in to follow this  
Howellerman

A Big +1 for the Carenado Phenom

Could you please elaborate on what you mean with respect to Pro-ATCX?

Are changes literally shown in the GPS and NAV display?

Thanks,

Fabio

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

good info

I am flying the feelthere Phenom quite a bit and love its character.

But I dont care for its cabin graphics (exterior is great tho) nor its constantly jerking yokes.... and was thinking of getting the Carenado, but I also want the iFly737 and should only get one or the other.

Now if the Carenado would just climb/descend using the FLC and cruise with the CSR (may have spelt these incorrectly) I'd be happier with getting it too.

On the other hand the Feelthere does not allow inflight modifications to the flight plan, nor can you make your own from scratch on the tarmack. All has to be fed via the sim's f-planner, which so far has been remedied with the use of Pro-ATCX for which in-flight approach insertions are updated on correctly.

SO, in conclusion: I plead will someone please make up my mind??

I cannot seem to  :wacko:

If you want a solid bizjet, hold out for the ESDG Citation XLS+.

good info

I am flying the feelthere Phenom quite a bit and love its character.

But I dont care for its cabin graphics (exterior is great tho) nor its constantly jerking yokes.... and was thinking of getting the Carenado, but I also want the iFly737 and should only get one or the other.

Now if the Carenado would just climb/descend using the FLC and cruise with the CSR (may have spelt these incorrectly) I'd be happier with getting it too.

On the other hand the Feelthere does not allow inflight modifications to the flight plan, nor can you make your own from scratch on the tarmack. All has to be fed via the sim's f-planner, which so far has been remedied with the use of Pro-ATCX for which in-flight approach insertions are updated on correctly.

SO, in conclusion: I plead will someone please make up my mind??

I cannot seem to  :wacko:

I'd go for the iFly.....far more bang for your buck. (or even the NGX if you haven't looked at it).

The Carenado Phenom is a beautiful model, however as has been noted:

- FLC mode has been replaced with an autothrottle / speed hold

- CSC  (not CSR :P ) is inop. Ironically, this is closer in reality to an autothrottle / spd hold than FLC.

- Internal sounds are off

- FADEC is non-existant. (ATR, CLB and CON modes on the engine page have no effect)

- System pages in the G1000 prodigy are modeled, but don't function correctly (for Elec / Pneumatics / Fuel pages)

- Takeoff Config test button is missing completely

- Very high breakaway thrust

- She doesn't quite fly right (but then...most aircraft in FSX don't either)....I've noticed quite a bit of opposite aileron required to hold a bank angle.

Hope that helps.

On another note......Hopefully Carenado will step up and either make an effort to better simulate the aircraft they model, OR stick to aircraft with basic systems. There are TONS of piston singles and twins, with very simple systems, that could benefit from Carenado's talented modelling team and good reputation for aircraft of that nature.

As a bizjet fan, I am now concerned that Carenado will start pumping out pretty, but ultimately low-quality executive jets every few months, preventing other developers from ever doing them properly.

Perhaps MilViz or Eaglesoft can team up with Carendao and drop their ProLine 21 suites into the Hawker 850 Carenado is developing  :ph34r: .

Hint for the developers: I am willing to pay SIGNIFICANTLY more for a Hawker 850 with properly simulated systems and a model / textures done by Carenado.

If you want a solid bizjet, hold out for the ESDG Citation XLS+.

That is on the insta-buy list.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

As a bizjet fan, I am now concerned that Carenado will start pumping out pretty, but ultimately low-quality executive jets every few months, preventing other developers from ever doing them properly.

This is exactly my worry, we have very few good Biz jets in FSX but hopefully Carenado offering pretty but badly simulated jets will not prevent other Devs from entering this market.

Hopefully Milviz will use their Proline21 in a Jet before long.

Could you please elaborate on what you mean with respect to Pro-ATCX?

Are changes literally shown in the GPS and NAV display?

Thanks,

Fabio

yes it feeds any changes right in the flight plan as needed

Does this not occur with the Carenado?

Now I am in windows 8 and P3DV22 if that makes a diff

Hint for the developers: I am willing to pay SIGNIFICANTLY more for a Hawker 850 with properly simulated systems and a model / textures done by Carenado.

+1

Thanks, but I just want to clarify (as I'm not clear what your Carenado comment mean).

The NAV flight path lines and flight plan waypoints in the flight plan list update on the ND of aircraft (GPS) when you add:change flight plans mid flight using Pro-ATCX?

This would apply to FSX aircraft, 3rd party ones such as RealAir (Reality XP equipped?), AND Carenado G1000 style aircraft such as the Phenom?

If so, that is brilliant, and thanks for pointing it out!

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

It does so for the Phenom (feelthere) by simply updating the P3DV22's interior flight plan which is then automatically up dated on the ND.

You have to have the correct path's AND most importantly click on the little button on the top of the Options/"IN-Flight" page that says whether you are in FSX or P3D

The Feelthere Phenom reads it right away, updates, changes, even direct to another waypoint, skips to the one chosen.

Does not the Carenado Phenom do that?

Allen

Sorry to have participated.

I'll let the club intent on using any reference to Carenado's Phenom as an excuse to advertise the perfection of Feelthere's or Justflight's (who as a result I will never buy anything from now, btw) have their way.

Funny how that works. Good luck with your marketing campaign for old software. May you get 2 more buyers.

Funny how that works. Good luck with your marketing campaign for old software. May you get 2 more buyers.

The "new software" is prettier but worse in pretty much all other respects compared to the "old software". Can't see why someone wouldn't prefer the latter.

Well, I'm having too much fun flying the Carenado Phenom 100 to really care what a few people here think, because of a couple of tiny features they're all OCD about and have decided is the absolute make-or-break regarding whether an add-on is Worthy of Their Approval, or Utter Trash (there is apparently nowhere in-between).

I just check in every now and then to see whether the beatings here have continued; and yes, they have.

Well, I'm having too much fun flying the Carenado Phenom 100 to really care what a few people here think, because of a couple of tiny features they're all OCD about and have decided is the absolute make-or-break regarding whether an add-on is Worthy of Their Approval, or Utter Trash (there is apparently nowhere in-between).

I just check in every now and then to see whether the beatings here have continued; and yes, they have.

Believe it or not, there are people who want accurate simulations, either for training/learning or because they wish to simulate reality as best as possible. It's wrong to call them "OCD" (and it's not even an adjective) and you can't bash them for preferring the superior product.

Believe it or not, I just landed at ORBX YMML v2.0 in the Carenado Embraer Phenom 100 WITHOUT CONTACTING AIRCRAFT CONTROL.... horrors!  And I parked diagonally at Gate D11 instead of lining up with the straight lines!  OMG!

DeArc.jpg

Even though I do know how to do all that correctly if I wish.

I even PAUSED THE SIM while in the air to dial in the Direct-To, find the airport and the runway ILS frequency, push a few buttons to enter it into VOR1, etc..... WHILE PAUSED! TOTALLY UNREALISTIC! ARREST THIS INSURGENT, NOW!

I'm sure there are those out there looking for training and certification and full-fledged professional-world practice on fully accurate systems simulations, or find nothing short of that impossible to contemplate.  I'm not a fan of the Cleveland Symphony, preferring the Vienna Philharmonic, myself.

But the eight of you aren't the only ones in the world, either.

Some of us know how to have fun other ways, and are perfectly content to do so, and don't consider it utter tragedy if heck, we have to listen to the Cleveland Symphony tonight because the flights to Vienna are too pricey at the moment due to skyrocketing fuel costs. ;)  If that's even an apt rough analogy, since I'm sure the other Phenoms aren't PERFECT, either.

Further: I'm not willing at this point to even take a look on a webpage at any other Phenom; the acid rejections of everything except the Club's utter insistence on their version of "truth" have pretty much permanently soured me (and, I'm sure, others) on that possibility.

So consider that, too.

Believe it or not, I just landed at ORBX YMML v2.0 in the Carenado Embraer Phenom 100 WITHOUT CONTACTING AIRCRAFT CONTROL.... horrors!  And I parked diagonally at Gate D11 instead of lining up with the straight lines!  OMG!DeArc.jpg

Even though I do know how to do all that correctly if I wish.

I even PAUSED THE SIM while in the air to dial in the Direct-To, find the airport and the runway ILS frequency, push a few buttons to enter it into VOR1, etc..... WHILE PAUSED! TOTALLY UNREALISTIC! ARREST THIS INSURGENT, NOW!

I'm sure there are those out there looking for training and certification and full-fledged professional-world practice on fully accurate systems simulations, or find nothing short of that impossible to contemplate.  I'm not a fan of the Cleveland Symphony, preferring the Vienna Philharmonic, myself.

But the eight of you aren't the only ones in the world, either.

Some of us know how to have fun other ways, and are perfectly content to do so, and don't consider it utter tragedy if heck, we have to listen to the Cleveland Symphony tonight because the flights to Vienna are too pricey at the moment due to skyrocketing fuel costs. ;)  If that's even an apt rough analogy, since I'm sure the other Phenoms aren't PERFECT, either.

Further: I'm not willing at this point to even take a look on a webpage at any other Phenom; the acid rejections of everything except the Club's utter insistence on their version of "truth" have pretty much permanently soured me (and, I'm sure, others) on that possibility.

So consider that, too.

Ummm, ok. Glad you're having fun with the aircraft, but how is this relevant at all to what is being discussed?

So you have a different opinion to some people here......why are you getting so worked up?

Some people care for the details. Please accept that and move on. Were really not worth stressing over.