Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Predictive Windshear Warning Preview (SP1 Beta)

It doesn't just sit there and look pretty (like me, when RSR decided 50 degrees on the ILS was a good idea...  :LMAO:) It works  B)

14102232154_c7285e1120_o.png

Im curious....how is the windshear marker interpreted in the T7? Ie what does it tell the pilot?

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Im curious....how is the windshear marker interpreted in the T7? Ie what does it tell the pilot?

It shows the pilot where a windshear has been detected. There needs to be rain present for this to happen but in a classic microburst there usually is.

ki9cAAb.jpg

in this example, will the pilot request an immediate left, right or continue climbing straight away?

This is a caution warning from the PWS system ( if its warning you will see "windshear" in red on the ND instead of amber showing in the picture, also you get red WINDSHEAR on the PFD as well and aural alert " windshear ahead, windshear ahead" )

Based on the picture on the ND in my humble opnion I would follow the magenta line, which has the most space to maneuver around weather. Outside the window it doesn't look too bad from the picture. In case we will hit the shear Some people will keep 190kts or to increase the speed slightly up to flap 1 speed but keep the flap at 5 which will give us the biggest margin from stall/overspeed. Full CLB thrust is already select to climb away from ground as quick as possible.

Keep the autopilot in and be ready to perform the windshear escape maneuver.

However there's no right or wrong answer as to how people do it as long as they get away safely and Every situation is different. For windshear I would say speed and height are your friend. The I wouldn't mind overspeeding the airplane momentarily, I just don't want to stall and hit the ground.

thanks PMDG for making the feature available to us, now the question is how can I deliberately make it work so that I can practice my windshear escape memory item, just like in the real simulator? It would be great if I can let say create a windshear at 500' on 2 nm final approach to a runway in order to do a typical windshear recovery.

thanks PMDG for making the feature available to us, now the question is how can I deliberately make it work so that I can practice my windshear escape memory item, just like in the real simulator? It would be great if I can let say create a windshear at 500' on 2 nm final approach to a runway in order to do a typical windshear recovery.

Hi,

just click "Create test micro burst" in ASN debug window and you'll get something like this: 

The T7 obviously has much more power than this poor 172 (he didn't even make it to the tailwind shift) :)

Just a reminder: The "create test microburst" creates the event 3nm straight ahead of the aircraft spanning an altitude range around the current aircraft altitude (most usually from 100-1000 to 3500-4000')

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

I want to fly the 777 today, but seeing (and knowing) soon the plane will be this much better has me spoiled just seeing it.

I so want to fly this service pack.

ASN has a built-in debug function which lets you do things like that. I haven't tried it though...

Edit: someone was faster than me and even provided a video. :-D

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

NEVER thought I would see this in flightsim!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It shows the pilot where a windshear has been detected. There needs to be rain present for this to happen but in a classic microburst there usually is.

That's the simple answer and that much I know....Im curious about the meaning of the 2 feathers and the red bars. What do they denote specifically?

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

This ASN and the "Windshearthing" is quiet awesome. ;-) Since years I'm using several aircraft and weather addons in FSX always with that sentence of Mr. Randazzo (was it him? if not sorry) in mind: "The weather in FSX never could cause any damage to your flight." Or anything like this was a sentence here years ago in one of the many weatherradar threads. ;-)

Yesterday I installed ASN and tried an approach in stormy weather with the 777. Suddenly shortly before the runway around the 500ft callout the acustic windshear windshear warning came up and I quickly asked myself "could FSX weather really harm my nice approach???" So I continued and at 300ft above ground suddenly RRRRRRRRRRRRRR..... STALL and I really crasehd..... Wow. I'll never ignore these warnings in the future. Well done ASN. I'm really looking forward using the 300ER and the weather radar.

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

Edit: someone was faster than me and even provided a video. :-D

That "someone" is Kostas Terzides, one of the two geniuses (the other one is Damian Clark) that created ASN...  :lol:

James Goggi