Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Predictive Windshear Warning Preview (SP1 Beta)

Hi, 

the red bars represent the area where the windshear is active, while the "feathers" just point to it, helping to identify it when the range is large enough for the red bars to be drawn.

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

So you record at work? Or just the preparation?

Just the research/prep/PowerPoint.  The latter I didn't have on my home machines until recently, anyway (if you look closely, you can see some of my videos show "PowerPoint Viewer" and not the actual program)...haha.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi, 

the red bars represent the area where the windshear is active, while the "feathers" just point to it, helping to identify it when the range is large enough for the red bars to be drawn.

And the size of the red bars? ie...the circumference of the arc? does that have any particular meaning?

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hi, 

Thanks, Kostas!

But why do the feathers change their directions dynamically and why have I witnessed even three feathers at the same time? (There must be more to it. :ph34r:)

Hi,

The "red bars" are the area where unstable precipitation velocity is detected by the doppler radar. It has a min angle, max angle (relative to the aircraft heading) and a specific radius. It's similar to how the the echo returns from precipitation are drawn. The min/max angle (and the "feathers" that follow them) change as the aircaft approaches the windshear area  and you can see the red bars "engulfing" the aircraft. At least this is how we implemented it in the ASN map.

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

it is amazing how we were asking for a new improved sim, but these great group of people are able to overcome all of these limitations that we once though were inside FSX and we can not work around them 

Because they aren't limitations of FSX...

Best regards,

Robin.