Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

Orbx Northern California Tour - Leg 8

Just a proposal at this point, will not have that much time for planning throughout the week. Positive & negative feedback along w/ alternate proposals welcomed. 

Anyone want to get their feet wet?
- 6 hard runways
- 5 water landings (of these 1 is a T&G)
- 2 of the planned landings are @ high alt. , 1 hard, 1 liquid. ~5000 ft+
- A Tour of 4 dams in the area

Here's where we've been so far -
Example_zps34966759.jpg

Proposed route & map, SkyVector is here

plan_zpsa7b1125f.jpg

Map_zps9c4c9aab.jpg

Recommended Aircraft: Any Amphib capable of 120 kts true.  (Goose, FS9 C208 amphib portover, C185 etc..) 

EDIT 
- dropped the speed to 120kts from 150kts to include more aircraft
- A FSX flight plan is uploaded to the TS file browser in the "Casual Flights" channel 
- a modifiable spreadsheet for supplying "title=" to others is available here
I hope to have a little nifty program done this week to check if one already has the required aircraft prior to connecting to the MP server.

Recommended Scenery: Orbx FTX Northern California (NCA) Regional Scenery

Time: Saturday May 11, 19:00 UTC
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Multiplayer FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Tricky choice. I'll probably go with the Twin Otter amphibious. :unsure: It's a pity Carenado didn't go one step further with their C208.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Here is a "Pilot's Guide" for Roman's seaplane trip. You can download it from this Dropbox location.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Here are some screenshots from leg 8A.. Yes, 8A,  I didn't calculate the proper sunset time and flight time so we set MP a few hours too late :unsure: . Normally our legs are around 2 hours and it took use a little over 2 hours to get half way. Leg 8B is due for this coming weekend.

Myself in "45 Kilo" and Ron in "15 Victor" - very colorfull!
Screen_05102014_135947_zps8b7731b6.jpg

Ron coming in on a "pre leg" circuit of the field (O41). Right ON the threshold w/ a light crab.
Screen_05102014_140713_zpse91c71b3.jpg

Mike showing up in "5 Lima Whiskey", all ready to go.
Screen_05102014_141424_zps8f19a5fd.jpg

Sure is purdy! Climbing out after a T&G at Folsom Lake, (C39) all the "high lift" devices out, hanging out just above stall so Ron & Jeff could catch up.
Screen_05102014_143808_zps8b65c310.jpg

The "3-Amigos" @ Georgetown (E36), the sun slipping away rapidly.
Screen_05102014_144819_zps37bdbbed.jpg

Floating around after successful landings @ Lake Tahoe. (T38) On takeoff from here it was heard over the radio - "Come On, you can do it" over and over.. Ron was having a hard time getting the 185 airborne from the 6300' elevation. It was even harder for all of us to get to 9500' immediately after take off to cross the Sierra Nevada's for Blue Canyon. (KBLU) Should've changed the water textures from tropic to something else!
Screen_05102014_151225_zpsad770d5c.jpg

At Blue Canyon it was decided to cut the leg short, head for a flyby of Bullards Bar Dam and go directly to Oroville (KOVE) as sightseeing was getting difficult. Except, of course, the moon.
Screen_05102014_154215_zps5c488f97.jpg

It was dangerous, but got low enough to see Bullards Bar Dam, the 5th largest in the US @ a height of 645'. Hair raising getting out there.
Screen_05102014_154642_zps9f0e88c9.jpg

Off topic - Wouldn't this be nice? A RV with floats. As of 2012 this is the only known retrofit.. This gent was coming back after hanging out at  Vette (96WI) during the major squall that came through Oshkosh Thursday afternoon. 2 aircraft were damaged at the field, A Thunder Mustang and a replica WWI biplane. (Info)  I hid under a Wis ANG KC-135's wing and got soaked! It was brutal. 
DSC00042_zps4b539e68.jpg

Eamonn, 

Not one hiccup whatsoever! Thanks for the update on the "private".  At this rate + $10 we'll be good until 2025. LOL..  If you have time on a Saturday afternoon local, join us, it's all good.

Thanks for everything.

Roman

I'll do my best Roman, I've actually been uber busy with moving my "office" from the dining room to the kids old bedroom in my small very modest townhouse.  With that I had to fix the room up (and by that i mean fix the walls boy they had damage) and paint it and such and run cat 6 up here and setup my vlans and such, uber nerd I know. :)

spacer.png

uber nerd I know. :)

Nothing to be ashamed of, some of the nicest people I know are uber nerds. :smile:

Not really, just trying to make you feel better about it. :biggrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Leg 8B is due for this coming weekend.

Well I am very happy that you guys didn't make it all the way round, because I have a weekend at home at last so I'll be able to join you for leg 8B  :biggrin: