Sign in to follow this  
Balint

This is beautiful

After all those long haul flights I decided this evening to just sit down and LOOK at the PMDG 777 finally.

This is a short, quick and dirty honest video of how beautifully modelled the wings are, with focus on the flaps.

Marvellous.

This is what you're sitting on. The sheer detail is insane. And it's probably not more than 1-2% of the complete detail that has been included in the PMDG 777, considering there's a complete external model, the cockpit and all the systems living and breathing together with the failure system on top of all that.

When I was a kid I decided not to become an airliner pilot but I was dreaming to once have such a simulation at hand on my home computer. This dream is now a reality.

Note: this video has been recorded on a rather cheapo PC:

Win7 Home Premium 64

i5-2500K, 16G RAM and some basic $50 VGA card I can't even remember the name of.

Cheers,

Edited by Tom Allensworth
Edited to put video in the post - you can do that too. Just use the bbcode [media] URL [/media]

Gotta love PMDG's attention to detail :wub:

Chris Howard

You should position your view to see the flap jackscrews (raise the spoilers to see the flap internals)....then retract the flaps...they are animated as well.  Hands down the best exterior model in flightsim!  Same with the spoiler actuators...the level of detail on the exterior is just as good as the cockpit.

I don't know for sure, but I imagine that even the time it takes for APU intake door to open (It opens slowly) is accurately modeled.

I find myself panning around the exterior extensively when I'm on a long haul...she is a complete beauty!

Regards,

Steve Dra 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg