Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Mykonos Airport

I bought it and it's the worst optimized payware I own.....bad FPS on my system(GTX 770) and I have a lot of XP10 Payware Airports.  It's actually the worst optimized payware addon ever for me in the past 20years of my simming life.  How can this little island be bad on fps.  I have water reflections off and Shadows OFF except for my plane.

I bought it and it's the worst optimized payware I own.....bad FPS on my system(GTX 770) and I have a lot of XP10 Payware Airports.  It's actually the worst optimized payware addon ever for me in the past 20years of my simming life.  How can this little island be bad on fps.  I have water reflections off and Shadows OFF except for my plane.

Well, what does "bad" FPS mean for you?

Then, what are your X-Plane settings and which aircraft do you use? You seem to have a pretty good system, but you can still have bad FPS is you have everything on "extreme" or "very high". Please load Mykonos with your current settings and post a screenshot of your rendering settings. I'm sure we can find out the reason.

FYI: I use Mykonos flawlessly in 1920x1080 on an i5 with a 2 GB NVidia GT530 and 8 GB RAM.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Hi SpeedBird! 

I'm one of the developers and I would like to here more from you about that problem. As Mariodonick sent, please post your rendering settings and your computer specs. If you don't want to do it public, please send me a message. It is very critical for us to get that kind of information to see if something is wrong and needs fixing.

Beside of that, till now the input we have from various testers are the opposite. In the scenery manual we have put detailed settings for various computer setups. Try them and check if you you get better results.

And do not think that Mykonos is a small scenery. It covers about 140 sq. km with thousands of objects!

LES_signature_300px.png.fb92590eee91bc5f31a172293bd6014f.png

FYI I think there is a kind of bug in XP10; When you are getting bad frames with HDR try reducing the AA to FXAA , go back to the flight , and then change the AA setting to what it was before , and you may get those lost frames back , it works fo me...

Last night I got a massive jump in FPS just switching from 4xSSAA to 2xSSAA+FXAA.

Pretty sure it went from something like 32fps to 43fps where I was flying (HDR enabled).

I do get more shimmering but the flight experience is a lot smoother.

I bought it and it's the worst optimized payware I own.....bad FPS on my system(GTX 770) and I have a lot of XP10 Payware Airports. It's actually the worst optimized payware addon ever for me in the past 20years of my simming life. How can this little island be bad on fps. I have water reflections off and Shadows OFF except for my plane.

I just bought this last night, great scenery !

I have gtx 770 and i am using a 30" display. I am getting mid 20 to low 30 fps. My settings are high to extreme ! I get better fps then in the default city scenery !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar