Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

Migration Tool

Hi Guys,

Purchased the P3D v2.2 and realized it takes alot of tweaking to get the sim to a decent graphics setting and i understand i need a migration tool to bring addons from FSX to P3D. Curently installed the Imagine Sim WSSS but only the aerobridges can be seen but not the building. Will the migration tool export scenaries as well as aircraft? BTW the, i installed the Aerosoft ABX but the aircraft does not work as well on P3D? Is there something missing i did in the installation process cause im very certain i clicked on the P3D to install instead of FSX.

Your advice and help is appreciated

Regards

The Estonia Migration tool will do scenery and aircraft. I use it and don't have any problems with my Airbus X Extended in P3D v2.2.

You might give the  P3D Switcher  a try. It is freeware, and make the installers thinking it's a FSX. One page below, there is an english description.

I had no problem with it, installing my Aerosoft products. But I didn't try it ORBX products, think it could run into problems, when mixing ORBX P3D products with FSX  :unsure:

Why do you have to tweak P3D v2.2!!! It runs best without tweaks.

No migration tool makes NON-P3D sceneries work 100% with P3D v2.2. ORBX and PMDG for sure

doesn´t work (I have tried).

My advise is to wait unti the add-ons you want to istall have been released for P3D v2.2.

hi Guys,

Thank for the advise and help. Really appreciate it. Sigwx, im aibt confused with the switcher. Which do i need to click and press switch?

Hi Gizmo,

assuming you have both FSX and P3D installed. If you want to use P3D for Installation or flying, mark checkbox and click Switch. Now, every FS related install job you submit will be installed to P3D.

But caution, do not try ORBX sceneries made for FSX that way.