Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

Ultimate Terrain....Wow!

Guest Coneman

The new Ultimate Terrain series from Flight 1 looks like another benchmark in FS9. The 3D lights at night are going to add so much more realism. I have a feeling I'll be doing a LOT of night flying :-)Only thing I hope is that the roads can be turned off and the lights will work with the default.Cheers,Todd

Yeah I've been waiting for ages for large-scale, complete scenery.Mesh has been very popular for a long time but it only addresses a part of the overall scenery, namely the elevation of ground features. Accurate roads, water and landclass are at least as important.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

>The 3D lights at night are going to>add so much more realism. One thing folks should realize those 3D lights do not (unfortunately) cast any light on the ground. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Yeah, those 3D lights really make a difference. I'd pay the fair amount just for those alone! I always remember in earlier versions of FS (5.1 - 98) down by KCMI, individual 'light spots' were placed in the town/city. I thought that made a big difference, then they took them away with FS2K+ (now i don't fly down there :-p )

Alaister Kay

Yeah I have to agree it looks pretty good. Does it add Railroad tracks? I think that is something that FS is missing. I imagine it will work well with USA roads since it is by the same company. I will definitely keep my eye on this once it is released and to see what people have to say about it.

Guest CYYJ1968

Aw man, my hardware-rendered lights slider only goes up to 8!

Guest Lobaeux4

This truly looks fantastic, and could really change FS9!My only concern, will these new lights (which look FANTASTIC!!) slow down the sim measurably?

"This truly looks fantastic, and could really change FS9!My only concern, will these new lights (which lookFANTASTIC!!) slow down the sim measurably?"As posted on their forum, possible 20% reduction, time to upgrade the ole CPU. :-( Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/PBTMCa.jpgCalVirAir International VACalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

>Aw man, my hardware-rendered lights slider only goes up to>8!That's not the same thing - that slider is controlling actual light sources, not these 3d points of "light" - they're effects technically, not actual real light sourcing ala a game like Doom 3. 8 is the max value for that display variable on everyone's system.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest BOPrey

The traffics at night. Are we going to see them moving? It will be wonderful if they do move.

Guest Coneman

No, only street lights. They say moving lights for traffic would kill frame rates. FS2000 had it though?Todd