Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

low frames on a high end pc

Hi guys i recently done a tutorial for the 737 NGX from KIAH to KLAX. When i arrived into KLAX my frames dropped to about 20, everywhere else is fine. just these built up major airports. dont know why this is happening as i have a new build and high end pc. specs are below let me know if you need anything else thanks alot.

Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-4770k Quad Core (3.50GHz @ max 

ASUS® Z87-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE
16GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (2 x 8GB KIT)
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Vernon Howells

Where are your scenery sliders? I have a similar setup, same card and quad core overclocked at 4.6. I average high teens on frames running scenery sliders pretty high at klax (fsdreamteam) with ultimate traffic sliders at 80%. I do run with Steves DX10 fixer so it is smooth even at 18 or 19 fps so I dont worry about it. If your config has tweaks, I would try running a clean cfg., the tweaks hurt me worse than help.

I have only done a few tweaks kostas guide but without affinity mask and bufferpools?

LOD is large

Scenery complex is extreme dense

Auto dense is very dense

Vernon Howells

It only drops when am in the 737 ngx VC

It goes from 24 to 30 as i have fsx frames set to 30?

Its my mouse thats causing it buddy just done a few tests?

Infact its still doing it when fly towards klax :(

Vernon Howells

It only drops when am in the 737 ngx VC

It goes from 24 to 30 as i have fsx frames set to 30?

Its my mouse thats causing it buddy just done a few tests?

Infact its still doing it when fly towards klax :(

Set your FPS to unlimited. Also lower the autogen density and you will gain FPS. Also setting your water setting at mid 2.x will increase FPS. 

Sounds about right with max autogen and an addon airport. You're flying a tubeliner at high altitude. You only need autogen 1. Did you have road traffic? Get rid of it. AI? Very minimum or it will effect FPS. FSX isn't like any other modern game that heavily leverages the gpu. Everything you see is running through the cpu and it's too much when you add all the extra calculations of a heavy aircraft like PMDG's. The mouse fps loss is a long time bug of FSX. No way around it unfortunately.

Also I'm not sure what other add-ons you are running but what I found out from others was if you're running a PMDG plane, and a bunch of other add-ons you're going to see a FPS drop there is just no way to avoid it from what I can tell. 

At the gate using FS dreamteams KLAX I get around 25-28 FPS in the VC and 20-24 while taxiing around and during take-off/landing that might drop down to 18-20 FPS. I just accept that even with my PC I am gong to see a FPS drop but I would rather have all the add-ons running and take the FPS hit than stop using them or lowering the settings. 

Set your FPS to unlimited. Also lower the autogen density and you will gain FPS. Also setting your water setting at mid 2.x will increase FPS. 

i got it set at 30 i followed kostas guide and also my water is at high x2 to stop the flashes?

Sounds about right with max autogen and an addon airport. You're flying a tubeliner at high altitude. You only need autogen 1. Did you have road traffic? Get rid of it. AI? Very minimum or it will effect FPS. FSX isn't like any other modern game that heavily leverages the gpu. Everything you see is running through the cpu and it's too much when you add all the extra calculations of a heavy aircraft like PMDG's. The mouse fps loss is a long time bug of FSX. No way around it unfortunately.

will i take down auto gen then? haven't got addon airport only REX 4D, ASN, FS2Crew. what setting is auto gen 1? road traffic is set to 0% 

Also I'm not sure what other add-ons you are running but what I found out from others was if you're running a PMDG plane, and a bunch of other add-ons you're going to see a FPS drop there is just no way to avoid it from what I can tell. 

At the gate using FS dreamteams KLAX I get around 25-28 FPS in the VC and 20-24 while taxiing around and during take-off/landing that might drop down to 18-20 FPS. I just accept that even with my PC I am gong to see a FPS drop but I would rather have all the add-ons running and take the FPS hit than stop using them or lowering the settings. 

PMDG is the only big addon i have and REX 4D buddy. your the same as me at busy airports.

Vernon Howells

wow jusdt set it to unlimited guys what difference i'm seeing its soo smooth and frames are well up! how come in these guides its always set to 30?

Vernon Howells

Because sometimes you'll introduce stutters with no fps cap.  

Anyway 20 fps is pretty good for your setup.  I assume you 4770 is not overclocked yet?  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

will i take down auto gen then? haven't got addon airport only REX 4D, ASN, FS2Crew. what setting is auto gen 1? road traffic is set to 0% 

I have my autogen set to normal and get what I posted above. I just notice a big FPS drop at like extremely dense autogen so I thought maybe you had it set that high. 

wow jusdt set it to unlimited guys what difference i'm seeing its soo smooth and frames are well up! how come in these guides its always set to 30?

Yea my computer does awful when I use a FPS limiter whether it be the FSX one or an external one. 

i got it set at 30 i followed kostas guide and also my water is at high x2 to stop the flashes?

If you're happy with the FPS you get with that then great. I have mine on 2.x mid and I see the occasional scenery flash but it really doesn't bother me and I still get what I would consider good FPS. I just know on high I have noticed quite a drop in FPS so I just decided to accept that there will be occasional scenery flashes for more FPS and smoothness. 

Because sometimes you'll introduce stutters with no fps cap.  

Anyway 20 fps is pretty good for your setup.  I assume you 4770 is not overclocked yet?

It is over clocked buddy

Vernon Howells

What is it overclocked too?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hmmm in that case 20 is a but low - but depending on weather, AI traffic, complex addons etc I wouldn't expect anything above 30 (especially with locked fps).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |