Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

low frames on a high end pc

HT is on aswell

Have you changed your FSX config file yet? If you haven't you might be able to get more FPS if you add some changes.  

Yeh done nickN guide and nvidia inspector! Frames are good just drop when at major airports like klax going to try other airports! But i do have smoothness even when frames are at 20-25

Vernon Howells

Actually, I think the frames you are getting is about right for all the stuff you've loaded up.  The trashed frame rates even on a PC as powerful as yours prompted me to take a strong look at P3D v 2.2 and the other sim from Laminar.

The eye candy in FSX/P3D is to die for - and something I greatly miss in XPX.  Not to mention the PMDG NGX.

Still, when you pile all that stuff onto just ONE PC - no matter how powerful it is, you're asking a LOT. 

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Yeh done nickN guide and nvidia inspector! Frames are good just drop when at major airports like klax going to try other airports! But i do have smoothness even when frames are at 20-25

Yea at add-on airports you're going to see a drop in FPS. I don't think it matters how great a computer you have you're going to see FPS drop at big airports. As long as the sim is smooth then just forget about the FPS that is what I have read countless times on here. 

FSX learned half loathes are better than no loafs.  FPS I want is smoothness as stutters are worse thing in a crosswind landing. 

I set my fsx frames to 40 getting 25 - 30 now sometimes just over 30 and its smooth

My other problem is i have HT on will i disable this?

Vernon Howells

Wow what a difference i turned off HT and put in affinity mask 14 and bufferpools = 0

Frames have gone up too :D

Vernon Howells

I spent so much time tweaking FSX back in the day - I used to joke I spent more time trying to squeeze my fps than I did flying... then I realized it wasn't funny because it was the truth!  I had great hopes for P3D and think Lockheed has advanced the game considerably.  If they ever go 64-bits, they will have something truly amazing - and then if they enhance networking so i can run 3 monitors across 3 pcs... I will think I died and went to heaven.  Just now, P3D as it comes out of the box is grand.  A lot of the hang ons are not (yet) optimized for P3D, and thus you can STILL thrash your frames.  Many have written various tweaks for P3D... a road I strongly want to avoid.

The Brand-X sim does not require the config tweaks of any kind, and for _today_ meets my needs better than P3D.  That could easily change if P3D makes the 2 changes I mentioned.  I truly love the fact that P3D supports DX11 and SLI.  And best of all, P3D is still under development...  once the 3PDs start optimizing for it... (think Orbx/FSDreamteam/Flightbeam Studios/Rex/PMDG) I think P3D could prove to be the 300-lb gorilla.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel