Sign in to follow this  
ICSimulations

NAVDATA Latest Cycle

I just purchased the PMDG 737 software package. I also do have the latest Nav Cycle from Navigraph. How do I update the out of date cycle in PMDG? Some of the posts I have read just show how to change the out of date message.

Also, did my purchase include the Service Pack?

Thanks,

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled. 

Hi Ironcondor,

first of I have to ask you to sign your full name in your posts pr. forum rules.

Well if you have the latest version of  the Navcycle, then you can just unpack the zip file and select PMDG, and it will install it automatically or you can get the Manager that Navigraph (and can be found at their website) has made and works like a charm. :-)

Best regards

Jakob

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

I have in the last 24 hours updated to the latest cycle from Navigraph no problems. Although I've given up on their Windows Application for now, it gave me no end of problems.

I just purchased the PMDG 737 software package.

If you just bought it, then you have the SP.  I'm not sure why other companies don't keep the version they sell up to date with the latest service packs, but PMDG isn't other companies.

How do I update the out of date cycle in PMDG?

Re-run the navdata installer.  Would that not make sense?

(Sorry - not trying to be snarky - just trying to engage the brain a little.)

I have in the last 24 hours updated to the latest cycle from Navigraph no problems. Although I've given up on their Windows Application for now, it gave me no end of problems.

Did you run it as an Administrator?  That's issue #1 for programs like that because they're trying to alter files for other programs (and UAC will intercept a program's alteration of files for even itself).

Kyle Rodgers

Did you run it as an Administrator?  That's issue #1 for programs like that because they're trying to alter files for other programs (and UAC will intercept a program's alteration of files for even itself).

Don't recall. Shouldn't matter. Rah Rah bloody Windows etc, etc ...

For now, the manual update method is working for me.

Shouldn't matter. Rah Rah bloody Windows etc, etc ...

haha - and it shouldn't matter that a pilot does or does not have 1500 hours to sit in the right seat of an airliner, but it does.

If you want a program or OS to work properly, you gotta play by the rules.  If you don't play by the rules, then you can't really get upset about it.  :wink:

...then again, if you're fine using the manual method, more power to ya.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you for the replies. I had just purchased one cycle and it was for my PROSIM737. It looks like downloads are not allowed when thew new cycle comes out. So I would have to purchase a new cycle and download the manual installers for every SIM product if I do not want to use the installer.

Thanks,

Abe

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled. 

So I would have to purchase a new cycle and download the manual installers for every SIM product if I do not want to use the installer.

Correct.

Kyle Rodgers

I think it's a known bug that has been previously identified that 'Navdata out of date' can be a false warning... I raised a thread in the past about it... 

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/431171-nav-data-out-of-date/#entry2897624

I can also confirm, that I recently updated my AIRAC to the latest cycle 1405, but have been getting the 'NAVDATA OUT OF DATA' warning... So I think it's a bug :)

Regards

Craig

I just recently updated my NGX to 1405 and can confirm that I do not get the "out of date" warning. So working fine here.

Dave

Dave Paige

Before you say anything, I cannot provide my name in my signature until the 13th of May as I am new to both Avsim and PMDG.

Today I purchased the PMDG J41, however downloading and testing different AIRACs is proving difficult, and seems the only one that remotely works on the J41 is the default AIRAC. 1405 suggests half of my waypoints planned in RouteFinder (cycle 1404) don't exist, as well as airports like ENVA Trondheim, which I have scenery for, apparently does not exist at all! I'm struggling to make realistic routes at realistic flight levels. Have I installed it incorrectly or is the new AIRAC buggy? 

Thanks,

Shaun.

Actually if anyone could be so kind to test this route on a FMS/FMC I would appreciate it. I didn't install AIRAC as an administrator... could that be the cause?

RouteFinder
Route generator for PC flight simulation use - NOT FOR REAL WORLD NAVIGATION
©2005-2007 ASA srl - Italy
Computed route from NEWCASTLE (EGNT, EG) to TRONDHEIM/VAERNES (ENVA, EN): 11 fixes, 734.3 nautical miles

Cruise altitude between FL220 and FL240
EGNT (0.0nm) -DCT-> PETIL (233.8nm) -L983-> BUSOM (247.1nm) -M604-> 
DANKO (323.9nm) -M604-> LANTI (357.7nm) -M604-> SVA (399.8nm) -M604-> 
TIPSO (453.2nm) -M604-> OSVIG (584.9nm) -M604-> TOBIT (642.6nm) -M604-> 
AGNON (679.3nm) -STAR-> ENVA (734.3nm)
Details:
ID      FREQ   TRK   DIST   Coords                       Name/Remarks
EGNT             0      0   N55°02'16.52" W001°41'23.29" NEWCASTLE
PETIL           72    234   N55°56'20.00" E005°00'00.00" PETIL
BUSOM           89     13   N55°56'31.00" E005°23'41.00" BUSOM
DANKO           34     77   N57°00'00.00" E006°41'52.17" DANKO
LANTI           31     34   N57°29'01.94" E007°13'38.74" LANTI
SVA     112.1   32     42   N58°05'04.19" E007°54'29.91" SVENSHEIA
TIPSO           14     53   N58°56'55.11" E008°18'41.81" TIPSO
OSVIG           15    132   N61°04'28.02" E009°23'56.31" OSVIG
TOBIT           17     58   N61°59'59.99" E009°55'57.23" TOBIT
AGNON           17     37   N62°35'16.78" E010°17'21.83" AGNON
ENVA            20     55   N63°27'27.33" E010°55'27.07" TRONDHEIM/VAERNES
Tracks are magnetic, distances are in nautical miles.
EGNT DCT PETIL L983 BUSOM M604 AGNON STAR ENVA
[back]

I didn't install AIRAC as an administrator... could that be the cause?

I was about to ask.

That is most likely the cause, yes.  Windows often prevents programs (.exes in general, which the navdata updater is) from modifying other program data when not run as an admin.

Kyle Rodgers

I was about to ask.

That is most likely the cause, yes.  Windows often prevents programs (.exes in general, which the navdata updater is) from modifying other program data when not run as an admin.

Ah right! I'll try that, see if it fixes it.

(Sorry - not trying to be snarky - just trying to engage the brain a little.)
One finds that engaging brains is actually far more difficult in the real world than one thinks. I think we all need to publish a manual how to engage ones thought process and ergo ones brain; the only sad part is,.... they will not read it.

Also, did my purchase include the Service Pack?

You have already be requested by Jakob Fallensen to sign your posts.

Please sign your full name per these Forum Rules http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361816-pmdg-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/.

To have your signature automatically attached to your post do this. Left click on your user name in the upper right of this page. On the next page left click on Edit my Profile. On the next page left click on Signature and on the next page in the box under Edit Signature enter your full name and left click on Save Changes. Now your name will be on every post you make.

Thank you.