Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Loadinng pln-file

I'm totally new to the Boeing 737, as well as to PMDG. I still have to learn how to program the FMC, so for now I'm using a website to generate a pln-file, but I cant find how to load the file into the PMDG's FMC.

Could someone be so kind to explain to me how I can do this?

Cheers!

Maarten

Could someone be so kind to explain to me how I can do this?

You can't load a route that ends in the .pln format. It needs to end in .rte format. I am talking about co routes. If you haven't done Tutorial 1 yet, you need to since it will explain and show you how to enter a route into the FMC by use of the CDU.

Please sign your full name per these Forum Rules http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361816-pmdg-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/.

To have your signature automatically attached to your post do this. Left click on your user name in the upper right of this page. On the next page left click on Edit my Profile. On the next page left click on Signature and on the next page in the box under Edit Signature enter your full name and left click on Save Changes. Now your name will be on every post you make.

Thank you.

I found where I went wrong with the pln-file, I must have read it wrong on the site that makes those files (Dyslexia...)

I had done tutorial 1 and I saw a lot about the rte page, but not about loading an rte-file. I just looked over it again, with the 'find'-function, but again, a lot about programming rte page, but nothing came up about loading the file...

About the sig, I read that page, but I cant remember that rule, my apologies. I don't mind myself, but with all due respect, I don't think anyone here has thought about the reasons why a lot of people aren't happy about, or are even afraid to be using their real name online and I comply to their reasons by not making those people feel obligated to do so. I've seen what cyber stalkers are about and what they can do, maybe something to think about.

Cheers!

Maarten

but nothing came up about loading the file...

Thanks for signing your name.

When you speak of loading the file as opposed to programming the RTE PAGE are you talking about entering a co route such as EDDFKLAX which might contain 5 or 6 airways and 10 waypoints?