Sign in to follow this  
Fabs

Grrr, X-Plane King Air gets SP before Phenom!

Carenado released the Phenom on the 3/4/14 and we're still waiting on the SP1.

They released their King Air 200 X-Plane on the 15/4/14, and it's just received it's first SP!

OK, the SP for the Phenom addresses a new product and not a port-over, and it'll be worth waiting for.

Won't it?!.....

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

LOL, had I not posted, it wouldn't have been released tonight!

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

Do you have the changelist handy or is it available somewhere?

Thanks

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

From their Facebook page:

PHENOM 100 FSX/P3D - Service Pack 20140505
May 5th, 2014

YOU DONT NEED THIS SERVICE PACK IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE AIRCRAFT AFTER May 5th 2014 AT 2000GMT or bought it from any reseller.

Improvements:
-General optimizations for improved FPS.
-New fasten seat belt sound added.

Fixes:
-Pitot heat bug corrected.
-TCAS bug corrected.
-FADEC behavior bug fixed
-Some other minor bug and texts corrections.

Customers must log into their Carenado account in order to have it.

Also, my thoughts exactly when I saw this patch.

EDIT: Wow, was meaning to copy the B200 changelog and just realised the Phenom also got a patch.  :lol:

Not a huge list, it must be said, but OK, some key items were addressed.

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

Not a huge list, it must be said, but OK, some key items were addressed.

Yes, unless the performance optimisations were extensive, this patch feels somewhat disappointing, especially when you consider it's been 1 month in development.

Aye, this little aeroplane, and notably their first jet, could have been great, instead, I fear that it is just another empty facsimile in the Carenado hangar.

Let's see, FLC implementation without a stuck on auto-throttle and a full-fat G1000 with updateable NAV DB, would have elevated this aeroplane and Carenado into the major league.

Carenado, if you're listening, remember that you'll need to design and program a FLC mode and a G1000 unit just once, and thereafter, as the hard work has been done, you'll only need to tailor these modules into futures designs, and perhaps retrofit into previous models.

I think you know the drill - you do the same with your user manuals.

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

Honestly, I don't think Carenado are even remotely interested in entering the major league, as you said. The selling point of Carenado aircraft is the external models with the shiny reflection map and the luxurious interiors, and obviously there's an audience that want just that since they sell. I personally think it's sad that such beautiful models are coupled with brain-dead systems.

If they aren't going to bother with system modelling, I wish they'd get everything else right at least. They aren't making any effort for an accurate FDE and the sound packs are just slightly modified sounds from their older aircraft, and not recorded from the real aircraft as each product page says. Each aircraft release comes with a huge list of bugs, a few are fixed in the first patch, and then they're abandoned. And don't get me started on the poor performance inside the cockpit.

I'm not really interested in what Carenado are doing from now on, I only follow Alabeo projects because they're developing simple planes, what Carenado used to do and what they were best at.

As for TCAS .. I do not know which bug was fixed .. but I checked today (online) through IVAP and doesn't work ..    before patch - doesn't work, after patch - doesn't work .. I have nothing to say ... FPS are better but .. otherwise nothing .. 

Screenshot_1.png

Btw WX radar working about 2-3 minutes and black ... 

I have some Carenado airplanes. The best, I still fly her today, is the C210 Centurion. The others are hangared. I don't know why, from time to time I send my money to them... Maybe the luxurious interiors, leather seats and cabin lights. Well, this time I'm really regreting put my bucks on this Phenom.

An instable animal, with non-existing real world features, fake functions, and a non-complete manual set. The business jet simulator market remains orphan.

Regards

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have many Carenado props, and I still enjoy flying them.

I especially enjoy the King Air C90B, as it has always been a favourite RW aircraft of mine, and the FSX model is gorgeous.

Maybe it's just about appeal and eye candy, and if so, then that is a mighty trap that Carenado sets.

The Phenom saddens me. Whilst I won't stop flying it, simply being in the VC is enough to remind me that it is Carenado's most synthetic to date.

It could and should have been different. The story deserves a different ending.

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

it's a sad ... at a price "39$" (29e)...  slightly higher price for PMDG which offer very high quality product ... or aerosoft .. 

Having just flown the Phenom for the first time since the SP, I must say that the frames have improved considerably, and that some major as well as more minor issues have been sorted.

It was very nice to fly, especially in the beautiful FTX PNW environs in a flight from Bowerman to Orcas. What a nice flight.

Carenado, if you're listening, and I suspect that you are, this is a lovely aeroplane, indeed all of your aeroplanes have been very nice, but please quietly in the background start work on a fully-fledged G1000 retrofittable system with upgradeable navigation DB's for existing and future projects (and a better FMC for the B1900 even though I don't have that particular aircraft), and precise systems modelling to match their real world counterparts.

Mr Fabio Lagattolla