Sign in to follow this  
Meltdown

Prepar3d Multi Monitor Help

Hey all, sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I'll be darned if I can find it. I just picked up Prepar3d and want to use 3 x 19" widescreen LCD monitors. With FSX, I always just used SoftTH and lived with the mouse click issues. If I understand correctly, SoftTH isn't an option in P3D and I'll be darned if I can find any information on how to setup multiple monitors.

If somebody can point me to a post or a website that gives me instructions on how to do this, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Jim

First off, how about some details on your computer system and monitors. what GPU are you using and what connections are available on the monitors?

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Hey all, sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I'll be darned if I can find it. I just picked up Prepar3d and want to use 3 x 19" widescreen LCD monitors. With FSX, I always just used SoftTH and lived with the mouse click issues. If I understand correctly, SoftTH isn't an option in P3D and I'll be darned if I can find any information on how to setup multiple monitors.

If somebody can point me to a post or a website that gives me instructions on how to do this, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Jim

Just drag the p3d window across all three monitors

to the size you want.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

First off, how about some details on your computer system and monitors. what GPU are you using and what connections are available on the monitors?

Sorry - That didn't even occur to me. My specs are below:

- Core i5 2500K

- 8 GB RAM

- Windows 7 Pro x64

- Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

- Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Just drag the p3d window across all three monitors

to the size you want.

gb.

Thanks for the info. May I assume that in order to keep P3D at that resolution, I have to run in windowed mode?

Thanks for the help all.

Dragging the windows across all of the monitors will work however your bezels will be misaligned and it won't look very good. I would recommend using NVIDIA Surround to set this up as long as your monitors are compatible. You still have yet to inform us of what monitors you are using and what connections are available on them.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Thanks for the info. May I assume that in order to keep P3D at that resolution, I have to run in windowed mode?

No you can run it in Full Screen mode as well.

You will not be able to maximise the single window to all three monitors though.

You will have to drag it out with the mouse to the monitors edges then Alt/Enter or chose Full Screen from the View menu.

As PWJT8D says you will not get any bevel correction this way.

Definitely better to setup nVidia Surround with your GTX760.

Not sure but you might have to not connect anything to that GTX660

if you run Surround on the 760.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Dragging the windows across all of the monitors will work however your bezels will be misaligned and it won't look very good. I would recommend using NVIDIA Surround to set this up as long as your monitors are compatible. You still have yet to inform us of what monitors you are using and what connections are available on them.

I'd love to use Surround, but as I understand it from looking at configuration instructions, I have to have an HDMI capable monitor. Unfortunately, none of my three monitors can do HDMI (1 x HP w19 and 2 x AOC 19 " something or others). I have an HDMI to VGA cable somewhere, so if I can find that, I'll give that a shot.. 

I'll be home late tonight and likely won't have time to dig for the cable, but I'll check on Wednesday and report back with how it goes.

Thanks again PWJT8D and gb!

I'm not sure off hand if anyone has had any luck with getting Surround to configure with a HDMI to VGA cable. It is always worth a try. I am using an active DisplayPort to DVI converter for my Surround, and it has to be active. This also may be the case for your setup.