Sign in to follow this  
A320driver

Aqueduct race track/Parkway Visual JFK

Was flying the Parkway visual for rwy 13L (Canarsie approach) into JFK and noticed that there is no Aqueduct race track in my scenery. I am using the FSDT JFK. Does anyone here know what scenery might add the Aquaduct? Or if it's even possible? Just seems very empty flying thru there without that race track being present. BTW, am using Ultimate terrain as well.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Joe I have your scenery combination so I checked:-

Navigraph charts show the Aquaduct Race track (do not overfly) on visual 13L/13R Parkway approach plate.

When I first loaded FS9 I concurred with your observations.  However after dinking around for several minutes exploriing there it was ... in all its glory.  Apparently it takes some considerable time to load but it is there Joe.  Maybe you just have to pause the sim, make a cup of coffee, continue your approach and you will be satisfied. 

Appliance,

Based on your observations I will return to the area in something that flies very slow and cruise looking for Aquaduct. Thanks for taking the time to have a look yourself, and I will report back.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

After spending some time trolling around the approach end of rwy 13L, I did find a race track.......however it is close to ten miles away from where Aquaduct is "supposed" to be according to the charts. Pausing the sim over the spot where it should be, the race track depicted in the sim is quite a way off in the distance. Ah well, would be nice to be able to put it in it's correct spot, but that's beyond the scope of my knowledge.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Well, after more time in the area I have discovered that in the spot where Aquaduct should be, there is, in my sim a large empty field with a single building in the middle of it. Suggests (by the presence of the empty field) that the track should be there but for some reason it is not. Does anyone know if the race track is included as part of the FSDT JFK scenery? If so, then maybe my setup is messed up somehow.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

I have the FSDT scenery and the track is there as it should be. Will post screens tom of you'd like.

Jordan Koulov

Sorry to resurrect this old topic but was wondering if anyone ever found an answer to this.

I just tried a Canarsie and on passing DHYML, found the visual picture sorely lacking: no approach lights, no race track, no 'T' hotel. I have the FSDT KJFK and was hoping for a bit more off the field.

Was there any setting/file/config change I need to make to get these things to appear?

Many thanks,

Ian