Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

06MAY14 - PMDG 777 SP1/300ER Updates

Thank you for the update, but again, we can't see any word about the -200ER.

It seems, that after SP1 and the release of the -300ER, the team will be moved to the 400v2. Does this mean, you're not going to make the -200ER, which was requested by so many users? :unsure:

Thx in advance for a reply,

best regards

Thanks for the update Captain. 

I fully appreciate the fact that PMDG are adding value to a product - without charge (like SP1 Weather radar + the tweaked turbulence effect ) 

To me, this is PMDG at its best. Commercially  PMDG had to do one job in SP1 , to fix / tweak whatever was reported by its customers and that's it. BUT not only PMDG is fixing /tweaking an already released product,  they are giving it's customers more than what was required. and for that a big THANK YOU to PMDG !

You keep up the good work. 

PS: Can't wait for 300ER and 747 as well.

Thank you for the update, but again, we can't see any word about the -200ER

Roman, There isn't much different between 200ER and 200LR except the fuel capacity/range. I don't see any point wasting time on a product that is only 1% different than what we already have.(flying experience wise).  But again PMDG's call. I would rather like them to work on 400v2.

Roman, There isn't much different between 200ER and 200LR except the fuel capacity/range.

Oh there are dozens of differences (which go into detail), I don't know, where to start! :lol:

Amazing... PMDG attention to details certainly haven't left me disappointed! Just what I expected from the top A PMDG team!

Take your time guys!

Alexis Mefano

Freighter however still get my attention! That things a beaut and blast to land at MLW (everyone should try if they haven't!).

That's right Luke!  Looking forward to all the updates with SP1 and very curious to see if I'll be able to handle the 300ER without additional tailstrikes :lol:  I've only had two tailstrikes in the current 777 and I blame both of those on a new yoke purchased solely for flying this monster B)

Chris Sunseri

We sent another build out to the test team over the weekend, and another will go out later this week.  (Tomorrow or Wednesday) but I *still* think we have a few more builds to go before we hit one that we will like.  This is tough because it is a "feel" thing, and sometimes you make progress and other times you don't....  (It isn't fun...)

Hello Robert,

I very very rarely address PMDG in the forums, but all this 777 development really got me excited. It's one of my favourite Boeings (along with the 757/767) and so i dared posting for the first time asking a few questions i thought pertinent in hope you (or someone from the team) find some time to reply to them.

Regarding the excerpt above, do you reckon you have enough persons testing these systems (no, this is not a foolish attempt at betatesting) in order to get proper feedback of this 'feel' from the aircraft?  I mean, the feeling of those (i don't know the exact number) 10-20 testers, will it reflect how the T7 really handles on a LevelD simulator or the actual model?

One area that is getting quite a bit of attention right now is teaching the autopilot how to handle turbulence more gracefully.  FSX turbulence is... well...  a joke...  but we know that some users of various weather engines like to have this feature turned on- and we also know that we push the FSX flight modeling well beyond what it was designed for- so our airplanes don't always play well with the make-believe FSX turbulence....  So we are trying some things to allow better interaction here.  No promises - but we are trying...

I have experienced a few times misbehaviour of the HDG mode on the 737 but only with some sort of weather engine in effect. It sometimes stops responding (it just won't turn) although the AP is engaged. This doesn't happen without weather engines. Although this is not the 777, it's probably related to the 'don't always play well' you mentioned, am i right?  Sometimes it's just not easy to concatenate everything and get everything to work in unisson - Thanks for trying.

The good news?  Oh my is it coming along nicely.  B)

You're referring to the 747V2 i guess?  Do you estimate a shorter development cycle than the T7, seeing that you now have an excellent base to work on and pushing micro-updates will be possible?

We are prepping the 300ER to go out to the beta team with the next SP1 update now as well.

I hope i'm not pushing too many questions... Will PMDG work on/consider the 200/ER in their RR/P&W versions, or is it in the backburner for now? Would it be possible to elaborate more on this subject sometime soon?

We are almost there- and your patience is appreciated.  (And with all the extra functionality the other devs on the team have packed in- it is going to be rewarded as well!)

We have no other choice do we? :ph34r:

But we all know it'll be worth the wait. Thank you, and see you soon onboard the 77W :lol:

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

PMDG will not update the MD11 as the 400v2 ... an opportunity to please old MD11 ... I love the 777. 747 and the old MD11

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

About the 300ER, is it okay if can we get a few screens of her?

What about one with the 200 and 300 next to each other?

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

Guess who has it and flew a 7 hour flight the other day with it?
You are so mean lol

Thank you for the update Robert :smile:

Chris Howard

Hello Robert / PMDG Team,

Are there any future plans (or current ones) for an update / SP to include the Rolls Royce Trent engine option on the 777?

Ian R Tyldesley

Now summer is coming and time for BBQ, cold beer, sandy beaches with girls in bikinis and not sitting hours and hours in front of a monitor to make a longhaul with a T7. :lol:

So there's no need to hurry up things. Take your time guys, christmas would be a perfect release date. :good:

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

...sandy beaches with girls in bikinis...

Yeah. They are everywhere.  :blink:

Philipp Schwaegerl

and not sitting hours and hours in front of a monitor to make a longhaul with a T7.

Thats why there is an autopilot ;)