Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

06MAY14 - PMDG 777 SP1/300ER Updates

So... when will SP1 be released? :p0128:

(grinning, ducking, and running)

But seriously, trolls are best handled by not responding at all.  If the only thing you're measuring a site by is the number of active users, then that's going to include the trolls and the essentially useless posts and counter-posts they generate.  Ignoring trolls tends to make them wander away, so a reduction in site activity does not necessarily equate to a reduction in site QUALITY. B)

Just hang in there Luke,  you may, someday, make it to the OLD MAN position.  ;)

Well, this topic escalated  :lol:

Just hang in there Luke,  you may, someday, make it to the OLD MAN position.  ;)

Well, this topic escalated  :lol:

Harry Nelson

Rightttttt 

It's all about patience little boys ..  ^_^

Thank you very much for the update and for all your great work over the years.

744 through the Ops Center? Did I get that right, and V.2 will be a build on the original and not a new product. Either way I'll be "going for it" as soon as it's available.

Again, thanks to all for everything.

Chris Stanley VTCC

Thank you very much for the update and for all your great work over the years.

744 through the Ops Center? Did I get that right, and V.2 will be a build on the original and not a new product. Either way I'll be "going for it" as soon as it's available.

Again, thanks to all for everything.

No.

The operations center will be a utility through which they will push many little updates for their products instead of long SP projects like the one we have going on now.

The 747-400 V2 is an all new product! They are using the same techniques developed in the ngx and 777 and then building on that. Why go back to old technology when they have already moved past that?

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

But seriously, trolls are best handled by not responding at all.  

Personally. I prefer to ban them. Ignoring them doesn't work in my experience, they keep posting inflammatory comments regardless. Thread after thread.

But seriously, trolls are best handled by not responding at all.

Not human nature though.You and I may have the discipline to do that, but realistically there will always be others that get irritated and bite back.

In like a flash with the ban is the answer, but of course that requires more moderators.

On 06.06.2014 there will be news about the 777 and then but again the same. :ph34r: 

Only reason i'm waiting on news about the 777 SP1 is cause i can't wait for those changes to propagate to the NGX :D

Cristi Neagu

In like a flash with the ban is the answer, but of course that requires more moderators.

Be careful what you wish for, there is a certain forum for a addon program where they have a moderator that will lock threads, delete posts or even suspend accounts of members that are not even trolling. Maybe frustrated but not trolling.

I think that all in all, everybody does a pretty good job over here in not getting too over zealous.

Just my opinion.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Huh? Come back in Sep 2018 for B777X SP1 and B777-300ER release......Oct 2029 for PMDG B744V2 release is more like it at the rate this is going.....

Huh? Come back in Sep 2018 for B777X SP1 and B777-300ER release......Oct 2029 for PMDG B744V2 release is more like it at the rate this is going.....

...and you bring your typical over-the-top hyperbole, as usual.  If you're really so disdainful, why do you stick around?

Kyle Rodgers

Personally. I prefer to ban them. Ignoring them doesn't work in my experience, they keep posting inflammatory comments regardless. Thread after thread.

Banning works only so well.  1. It provides validation for the troll that they really do exist and what they posted affected someone. 2. Once banned, there's rarely controls in-place to prevent the troll from creating another account to get another existence "fix".

While I agree there's usually someone who goofs-up and responds to the troll, it's my hope that eventually all the sane people will just render the troll's posts as non-existent. No response = no validation of their existence = no gratification on their part.

IMHO the best forums allow individuals to block the display of posts from another individual. Sadly it doesn't appear that the Avsim forums let you do that.

Banning works only so well.  1. It provides validation for the troll that they really do exist and what they posted affected someone. 2. Once banned, there's rarely controls in-place to prevent the troll from creating another account to get another existence "fix".

While I agree there's usually someone who goofs-up and responds to the troll, it's my hope that eventually all the sane people will just render the troll's posts as non-existent. No response = no validation of their existence = no gratification on their part.

IMHO the best forums allow individuals to block the display of posts from another individual. Sadly it doesn't appear that the Avsim forums let you do that.

The thing that equates to that (slightly, at least) is if you have 1000 posts then you can mark posts as spam which hides them and at a certain amount of reports can be reviewed by moderators.