Sign in to follow this  
fulcrum_64th

saving a window size and position on nvidia surround

Dear all,

is there away to save to size and window position when using a 3 screens nvidia surround set up ? Every time I start P3D I need to reposition/rescale my window.

Regards

Dear all,

is there away to save to size and window position when using a 3 screens nvidia surround set up ? Every time I start P3D I need to reposition/rescale my window.

Regards

Edit:

Sorry, cancel last transmission.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

No worries :) thx for trying

Karim are you talking about the three monitor surround window itself or sub windows within it?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi gb,

Every time I start p3d, the sim starts as a small window within one of the monitors (regardless of how I ended the last P3D session). I typically would need to drag and rescale the window:  I span the window from 1/2 left to the 1/2 right monitor for my current set up. 

In order to avoid to do this for every restart of P3D I was wondering if I could save such a set up of my P3D window.

I think position is saved only when you save a scenario.

Hi gb,

Every time I start p3d, the sim starts as a small window within one of the monitors (regardless of how I ended the last P3D session). I typically would need to drag and rescale the window:  I span the window from 1/2 left to the 1/2 right monitor for my current set up. 

In order to avoid to do this for every restart of P3D I was wondering if I could save such a set up of my P3D window.

As Denali says your last window position(s) should be save along with any saved flight.

Does this happen if you start a saved flight?

gb.

Tried, unfortunately it doesn't help. :(

In P3D display settings do you have the correct monitor resolution set

and Auto-fill Main View ticked?

gb.

Other than the whole window size saving thing, how are you finding triple screen nvidia surround with P3d?

I'm so close to buying two 24"'s to go either side of my 26", but it feels like the expenditure isn't going to be worth it

Other than the whole window size saving thing, how are you finding triple screen nvidia surround with P3d?

I'm so close to buying two 24"'s to go either side of my 26", but it feels like the expenditure isn't going to be worth it

Monitors used with nvidia surround must have the same native resolution.

So pairing 24s with a 26 may not work or give you misaligned graphics.

gb.

indeed, it's strongly recommended to use the exact same monitors with Nvidia surround.

As to my own experience: I love it. I would not fly without it. If you are flying using a virtual cockpit, I would suggest looking at a set up with the monitors being in portrait mode (note it's recommended to use IPS monitors for portrait). Portrait yields a great cockpit to outside view ratio while limiting the "fish eye" side views problems.

K

Cheers guys, yes I know it wouldn't be optimal with different size screens, but it would be just too much to invest in 3 new monitors for this

I figured setting them all to the same resolution wouldn't look perfect, but would be a drastic improvement on what I have? and would work ok? (i.e. change the 26" from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080 to match the 24"'s?)

I hoped 24" would be close enough to 26" to make it worthwhile

Cheers guys, yes I know it wouldn't be optimal with different size screens, but it would be just too much to invest in 3 new monitors for this

I figured setting them all to the same resolution wouldn't look perfect, but would be a drastic improvement on what I have? and would work ok? (i.e. change the 26" from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080 to match the 24"'s?)

I hoped 24" would be close enough to 26" to make it worthwhile

No that will not work.

As I said to initially set up Surround the monitors must have the same native resolution.

It makes no difference what you have actually set each monitor resolution to.

Just dragging a P3D window across the three separate monitors would work though.

gb.