Sign in to follow this  
jetsflier

Single Class Format?

I was wondering if there is or ever will be a way to put the triple 7 into a one-class format, as tour operators use. Unfortunately I know of no companies using this format, but since my fictional airline does, it would be appreciated if it could be implemented at some point.

Thank you,

The only thing this changes is the actual X/X numbers in the payload page of the CDU.

This has been discussed time and time again, and the bottom line is weight is weight. Whether you have 100 passengers in a 2-5-2/3-4-3 config with a single or two class layout, the weight of 100 passengers = 100 passengers.

If you want to add more passenger weight (which would happen in a single class config), just add it to the zero fuel weight figure.

There will be a bit of a difference in empty weight of the plane... but if you just use the ZFW figure, that difference would be included in that.

There will be a bit of a difference in empty weight of the plane... but if you just use the ZFW figure, that difference would be included in that.

I doubt PMDG would produce different models with different empty operating weights just so the CDU can display different seat configurations.

Too much work for such a small visual change.

Changing DOW in PMDG modus operandi is trivial. Actual weight distribution within sim is transparent to the user, just add a dummy "Equipment" load station and fill it up to DOW. Can be dependent on selected config relatively simply.

I just thought because they made a similar format for the PMDG 737NGX, something similar could be accomplished here. If noy, its not a big issue, just curious if it was possible.

Possible? Yes.  Worthwhile? Not quite.  Several airlines fly the NG in a single class layout.  Just about zero fly the 777 in a single class layout.

Additionally,  as mentioned, it's all about weight: 300 passengers is 300 passengers.  Sure, there's a slight change in weight distribution but you can accommodate that by adjusting cargo forward/rear.

Kyle Rodgers

Possible? Yes.  Worthwhile? Not quite.  Several airlines fly the NG in a single class layout.  Just about zero fly the 777 in a single class layout.

Additionally,  as mentioned, it's all about weight: 300 passengers is 300 passengers.  Sure, there's a slight change in weight distribution but you can accommodate that by adjusting cargo forward/rear.

Alright, thanks for the information. It actually seemed to click better when you said it, I don't know why! 

Thanks everyone!

I haven't seen any airlines offering 3 classes in similar medium sized aircrafts e.g., A330, 767, etc. ... usually just business and economy.

Harry Sung