Sign in to follow this  
F4TCT

Eaglesoft

Hi, not sure if this is the correct place for such a post so mods please feel free to move.

Recently I purchased the eaglesoft Citation x v2.0 aswell as the CJ1 v2.0.

Installed these (using recommendations of switching off windows defender etc) and quite simply they do not work. 

On the start screen of fsx where you select location and aircraft etc, im am lucky for the system to not crash after the 10 minutes its taken to select the product. It then proceeds to crash when I press the fly now button.

The whole reason I bought them is to have a little biz jet with an FMC, instead of say the pmdg stuff. 

I got onto eaglesoft about this and their replies........ well they may aswell not reply at all for the help they are. 

They basically consisted of read this...... (i did before hand), if you dont like it then tough.......... heres a link for refund..............

The thing is, I actually want these to work.

My system is:

Intel I7-4770K Unlocked Quad Core Overclocked To 4.24Ghz
Gigabyte Z87 Pro Motherboard
Vengeance Pro 16gb Memory
Radeon R9 290 X Dual 4GB GPU
Saidon Watercooler 220XL
Corsair 1200 DXI Power Pack

I have all rex, active sky, orbx installed and everything runs sweet. really smooth and not using dx10. 

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Dan

You should download and run AppCrashView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html and post the results of the crash here.

When you installed the Citation, did you right click the installation program and click on Run as Administrator?  Did you turn off UserAccessControls before installing?  Did you try renaming your FSX.cfg to Fsx.orig, restarting FSX and letting the config rebuild?  This action usually works as you are getting rid of any tweaks you might have added and it also eliminates too high settings.  If the Citation starts up then you know it was a tweak or a high setting that might have caused your problem. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim and Chris,  certainly food for thought....

begs the question why no other developer has these issues!

I installed it w/o any problems installation wise.  Operational wise is a different story.  To me it is a very difficult aircraft to fly.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Does it always crash as soon as you click "Fly now" or will it crash simply sitting at that screen waiting for you to click "Fly now"?

You haven't really given a whole lot of information to go on and I don't recall seeing any of your posts in the Eaglesoft forum for the Citation X at all.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

It takes ages for the aircraft, after selection to launch into the little preview window. If i were to say attempt to change location, it would crash. 

Upon pressing the fly now button, it goes to a black screen and just hangs there forever and states no responding at the title bar.

Ok... this is FSX? With or without Acceleration?

Citation X v2.0?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi, not sure if this is the correct place for such a post so mods please feel free to move.

Recently I purchased the eaglesoft Citation x v2.0 aswell as the CJ1 v2.0.

Installed these (using recommendations of switching off windows defender etc) and quite simply they do not work. 

On the start screen of fsx where you select location and aircraft etc, im am lucky for the system to not crash after the 10 minutes its taken to select the product. It then proceeds to crash when I press the fly now button.

The whole reason I bought them is to have a little biz jet with an FMC, instead of say the pmdg stuff. 

I got onto eaglesoft about this and their replies........ well they may aswell not reply at all for the help they are. 

They basically consisted of read this...... (i did before hand), if you dont like it then tough.......... heres a link for refund..............

The thing is, I actually want these to work.

My system is:

Intel I7-4770K Unlocked Quad Core Overclocked To 4.24Ghz

Gigabyte Z87 Pro Motherboard

Vengeance Pro 16gb Memory

Radeon R9 290 X Dual 4GB GPU

Saidon Watercooler 220XL

Corsair 1200 DXI Power Pack

I have all rex, active sky, orbx installed and everything runs sweet. really smooth and not using dx10. 

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Dan

Hmm, low blow to NOT tell folks the OS is Win8 which we DO NOT SUPPORT! We gave you a link to that statement then a link to a refund. YOU have a responsibility to do well by your own Win8/FSX use. We will NOT do it for you.

Here is our policy statement from our forum.

Eaglesoft does not use or support Windows 8 OS for FS use.

At Eaglesoft we now follow advise we gave at the Release to Market of FSX.

At that time it became common knowledge that FSX does NOT play well if users ignore User Account Control [uAC], Data Entry Protection [DEP], and Windows Defender Settings.

From the Microsoft Community

Q: Is Microsoft Security Essentials designed to replace Windows Defender?

A: No but if you are running Microsoft Security Essentials, you do not need to run Windows Defender. Microsoft Security Essentials is designed to disable Windows Defender in order to manage the PC’s real-time protection, including anti-virus, rootkits, Trojans and spyware.

Q: Does installing Microsoft Security Essentials disable Windows Defender

A: Microsoft Security Essentials should disable Windows Defender on Vista and Windows 7 and uninstall it from XP. In some cases, this does not happen automatically.

Q: What happens if I do not disable or uninstall Windows Defender if I am using Microsoft Security Essentials?

A: If Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Defender are both running, your system may experience performance degradation and other problems caused by the conflict of two services providing real time protection simultaneously.

Here is an outline of what one user experienced with FSX on Windows 8. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/396505-fsx

We suggest that all Win 8 Users have a close look with full attention to the following:

"I learned that excluding FSX from scans by Windows Defender to be a must for FSX on Windows 8."

barryc99 wrote:

I had a similar issue with windows 8. Noticed Windows Problem Reporting popping up in task manger.

Turned it OFF. Issue went away. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Action Center\Problem Reporting Settings - Never check for solutions.

Update! This from a Win8 user proving the Eaglesoft Cirrus SR22 and SR22 Turbo does work properly in Win8 when user settings are correct.

"So a quick fire up and take off from Orbx EGTR and UK, Opus FSX weather with Accufeel enabled both load fine"

"However nothing is wrong, avionics seem fine so far (nice detail BTW) and not getting it to crash".

Update! Same user now reports that ALL ES Aircraft work well under Win8 when the above precautions are taken!

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Win8? Geez....

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69