Sign in to follow this  

All of a sudden when I issue an instruction my very good friend Trav acknowledges but the requested event simply doesn't happen. Running the latest version for 2.2 on Win7 64-bit ...

Alan

P.S. Not that anyone will be particularly interested but this is the latest in a  series of glitches I have had since installing 2.2....  I am at the point now of asking myself whether the whole thing is really worth the effort/frustration/stress ... in this I feel sure I will not be alone ... 

All of a sudden when I issue an instruction my very good friend Trav acknowledges but the requested event simply doesn't happen. Running the latest version for 2.2 on Win7 64-bit ...

Alan

P.S. Not that anyone will be particularly interested but this is the latest in a  series of glitches I have had since installing 2.2....  I am at the point now of asking myself whether the whole thing is really worth the effort/frustration/stress ... in this I feel sure I will not be alone ... 

This can happen with WIndows UAC enabled.

You do not need to disable UAC. Simply make sure....

MCE is installed to default C:\Program Files..\ folder

"Prepar3D.exe" (or whatever you may have renamed it to) is set to run as administrator.

If you want MCE installed anywhere, UAC must be disabled.

Prog installed on partition of SSD drive not on C:\ ... I have routinely had UAC off for the past however many years ...

prog is running and has been run as administrator since i installed it a few weeks ago when i did fresh install of 2.2 ...

Prog installed on partition of SSD drive not on C:\ ... I have routinely had UAC off for the past however many years ...

prog is running and has been run as administrator since i installed it a few weeks ago when i did fresh install of 2.2 ...

The other thing to check is whether you have a folder called <MCE dlls> inside P3D installation folder.

There should be about 25 or 26 dlls, one for each supported complex aircraft.

What aircraft is Trav unable to assist with. Not all of them are fully supported.

Is P3D main program exe called "Prepar3d.exe" or something else?

Have now moved on to a different scenario ... co-pilot responds for first five minutes or so then chucks it ... have just installed the latest version in the hope it might help but nada ...

Have now moved on to a different scenario ... co-pilot responds for first five minutes or so then chucks it ... have just installed the latest version in the hope it might help but nada ...

It could be some malfunction with audio device or speech engine.

MCE runs the speech engine inside "mce.exe".

Anything that disrupts its links to the speech engine could manifest itself as app hang or other Gremlins.

Have seen in the past a USB headset connected to an unreliable USB port cause such thing.

We invite any other existing users to report whether there is an inherent instability with latest version.

I assume you aren't using a wireless headset. While these will work, they have their own issues you need to be aware of.

Right now suggest the following...

If using a wired USB headset, plug it straight to the back of PC and not USB HUB or front connectors (which sometimes don't deliver enough power to the built-in sound chip.

If using a conventional headset and your main audio device is a Realtek chip running on WIndows 64 Bit version, suggest you un-install Realtek drivers, restart PC and let Windows use its own digitally signed drivers.