Sign in to follow this  
math341c

PMDG 737 always crashing when approaching in VTBS.

First im sorry for the topic spam in pmdg 737 forum! ;( The site gave me Service error.

So i have this bird almost over an year now. I really love to flight it. But as you see on the title i have a problem. I made a flight with FSC from Kathmandu VNKT to BANGKOK VTBS. 
Im using the payware "aa sceneries bangkok" So this is the second time it happens, well the game crash, now i tell you what happen.

So everything is set in fmc, route etc...
I take off.
 Im cruising
Then it´s time to approach.
The VNAV descending for me. About 70 Miles from airport, i get the message what runway i may land on. The message was ILS 1L. I go to VTBS approaches in fmc, and selecting the VTBS>ILS 1L and selecting a star. All systems seems to work fine. There is thunderstorm, im using rex overdrive clouds. But FPS is fine about 38. Now im on 7000 feet, and in 8 miles or so, the route gonna make the sharp turn, to line up with runway. 
And bum, crash. 
The first time it also happened about 8 miles from the airport. I have tried to takeoff from the airport and it worked fine, so i dont think its a scenery problem.
It just freezing and crashing 3 min after. I get fatal error.

Please help me, i really want to approach in bangkok, in thunderstorm ;)

And yes i have lastest drivers to my AMD Card.

My addons:
REX + Overdrive.
aa sceneries bangkok
PMDG 737

Information about error

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2014-05-06T13:31:24.000000000Z

EventRecordID 45487

Channel Application

Security
- EventData

fsx.exe

46fadb14

g2d.dll

46fadb58

c0000005

00085da0

01cf69260f498412

D:\Flight Simulator X Deluxe\fsx.exe

D:\Flight Simulator X Deluxe\g2d.dll

b78c502b-d522-11e3-bf1b-902b341089ef

System Spec.

GPU: Gigabyte AMD RAdeon 7970 GHZ edition
CPU: Intel Core-I7-2700k
RAM:16 GB Corsair Vengeance
Harddisk: 4TB WD black FSX installed on this drive.
SSD: 500 GB Samsung
PSU: Corsair CX600
Blu-ray reader: Samsung

Hope you can help me guys :)

Math.

Sorry for bad eng.

From the AVSIM CTD Guide (located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots):

G2D.dll - The g2d.dll is indicated as the faulting module in the crash report. This module handles plain text messages, like the frame rate counter and those other plain text messages you see periodically while running FSX and the plain text words in the FSX Menu, like the words Options, View, etc.  There may be something corrupted in your dll.xml which loads menu items. It has been fixed by rebuilding the FSX.cfg (deleting or renaming the FSX.cfg and then restarting FSX).  Some others have fixed this problem by uninstalling/reinstalling the video card drivers or going back to a previous version.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

From the AVSIM CTD Guide (located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots):

G2D.dll - The g2d.dll is indicated as the faulting module in the crash report. This module handles plain text messages, like the frame rate counter and those other plain text messages you see periodically while running FSX and the plain text words in the FSX Menu, like the words Options, View, etc.  There may be something corrupted in your dll.xml which loads menu items. It has been fixed by rebuilding the FSX.cfg (deleting or renaming the FSX.cfg and then restarting FSX).  Some others have fixed this problem by uninstalling/reinstalling the video card drivers or going back to a previous version.

Best regards,

As i said it only happens when im making approach in VTBS.

Then you will need to go to the AVSIM CTD Guide and start investigating your crash.  Starting on page 2 are several investigating techniques to track down the cause of your crash.  In the event viewer report above, the G2D.dll was the faulting module.  Were you clicking on the menus and opening and closing them while on approach to VTBS?

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Then you will need to go to the AVSIM CTD Guide and start investigating your crash.  Starting on page 2 are several investigating techniques to track down the cause of your crash.  In the event viewer report above, the G2D.dll was the faulting module.  Were you clicking on the menus and opening and closing them while on approach to VTBS?

Best regards,

Well i clicked about 7 min before it crashed on to change the weather, because strange the rain, just stops sometimes in fsx.

Yes many times i clicked shift+F6 to get overhead panel, to set the things.

One thing more, i also use fsuipc unregistered, version 4.928.

Yes many times i clicked shift+F6 to get overhead panel, to set the things.

That should not cause a problem but the more you open and close menu items, the more resources needed to run FSX.   Some have fixed this by placing the uiautomationcore.dll in their main fsx folder (see the AVSIM CTD Guide for guidance).  I personally think placing this module in the main fsx folder will not work but many have claimed it works for them.  When you are having issues with fewer and fewer system resources, FSX will become more sluggish until it crashes or becomes so bad it cannot be used and you have to shut it down.  This is caused by high settings in the FSX.cfg and Display driver settings.  FSX just cannot handle the things you are asking the program to do.

The latest version of the fsuipc is 4.931 so you should download and install the latest version as some of the older versions have bugs.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Well thanks for your help. I saw that my fsuipc was not updated, i updated it, and loaded my saved flight. I landed and could get parked without crashes. But im not sure this is a fix, because i loaded the flight, that was saved right before decending. I will return if the problem continues. 

But one other thing about crashes. I have some other crashes witch only happens with my PMDG 737. So me and my friend meet each other sometimes, and flying together. I am the co pilot which set the autopilot etc, and he is steering the flaps with the joystick etc. He also bought the PMDG 777. And i also looked to buy it, but im thinking to maybe buy the CS 777, because of these annoying crashes. But here is what happens:

So me and my friend owns FSC, and we made a flight plan from Heathrow-New york JFK.

Everything was fine, we was on the cruise altitude. 

Then it was time to approach, and the IFR ATC telled us what approach runway we made land on. They telled us ILS4R.

Then we go to fmc, to Depatures and approaches, then we click on KJFK approaches. We select the ILS04R. We select a star. It makes a route fine. 

Then suddenly we get a message from fmc, something with "vnav path". And the problem was we could not delete the message, it was like freezed, we could not write anything in the fmc. So the fmc gets partially functional. And 5 min after that freezed message, the game crashed. This also happens sometimes in the PMDG 737. It´s really annoying us. 

Then it was time to approach, and the IFR ATC telled us what approach runway we made land on. They telled us ILS4R.

Then we go to fmc, to Depatures and approaches, then we click on KJFK approaches. We select the ILS04R. We select a star. It makes a route fine.

Then suddenly we get a message from fmc, something with "vnav path".

Something caused your VNAV to become disabled.  This is the reason why the vnav message shows up in the FMC, to let you know it has somehow become disabled.  Most likely, you did not make sure there were any discontinuities.  Most of the time too, the FMC will set up a waypoint called "Vectors".  This in case ATC provides a different runway or approach.  You will see all of this in the Legs Pages.  If you accidently miss a waypoint, then the vnav will disengage until you get back on course.  See page 35 of the PMDG 777 Tutorial #1.  Once the discontinuities are fixed, don't forget to hit the Execute button.  Now, if you are on course, you can click on VNAV again and engage it.  Otherwise you will have to use Heading Select.

So, why is it freezing?  This is because you are using too many system resources trying to get the 777 back on course.  You may have opened up another window, you are panicking.  The 777 FMC is going wild trying to figure out where you want to go.  Plus anything you are taking off or landing, FSX requires more resources.  Maybe if you turn down a couple of FSX settings, like maybe reduced levels of Autogen or AI. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Something caused your VNAV to become disabled.  This is the reason why the vnav message shows up in the FMC, to let you know it has somehow become disabled.  Most likely, you did not make sure there were any discontinuities.  Most of the time too, the FMC will set up a waypoint called "Vectors".  This in case ATC provides a different runway or approach.  You will see all of this in the Legs Pages.  If you accidently miss a waypoint, then the vnav will disengage until you get back on course.  See page 35 of the PMDG 777 Tutorial #1.  Once the discontinuities are fixed, don't forget to hit the Execute button.  Now, if you are on course, you can click on VNAV again and engage it.  Otherwise you will have to use Heading Select.

So, why is it freezing?  This is because you are using too many system resources trying to get the 777 back on course.  You may have opened up another window, you are panicking.  The 777 FMC is going wild trying to figure out where you want to go.  Plus anything you are taking off or landing, FSX requires more resources.  Maybe if you turn down a couple of FSX settings, like maybe reduced levels of Autogen or AI. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

I have 100% traffic enabled.

And when i selected the approach i fixed the discontinuities. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ok we made a completely other route. From KMIA-EIDW. And we made a flight plan again with FSC navaid plan. Im talking about the pmdg 777. So it was the last 3 stars. It was time to decent. And as we always making an approach: We first set the approach stars when we get the message what approach we need to make, that´s happening some time before the last star. We typed manually in the altitude and speed the plane needs to be on the stars. And again the problem: And sorry the message was "Vert path full" The message was freezed again on the fmc, we could not clear it. And 5 min after the message, fsx freezed. We reduced traffic to 40%. We are not using any payware navdata, we using that, with comes with pmdg 777 installation. Here is how it looks, hope it can help. Thank you very much for taking your time for this ;)

Oh also we could not engage vnav anymore, when this message appeared. We was need to self set the vertical speed, to decent. Sorry for bad English.

14n3ew0.jpg

VERT PATH FULL is a debug message unique to the PMDG FMS software...it means the FMS could not determine a vertical path solution.  It's usually caused by a problem with the NavData.  You might try updating or perhaps reverting to a different version of the navdata you are using.  Both the 737NG and the 777 use the same PMDG NavData file, so if it's corrupt it could cause these kinds of issues in both the NGX and 777.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

VERT PATH FULL is a debug message unique to the PMDG FMS software...it means the FMS could not determine a vertical path solution.  It's usually caused by a problem with the NavData.  You might try updating or perhaps reverting to a different version of the navdata you are using.  Both the 737NG and the 777 use the same PMDG NavData file, so if it's corrupt it could cause these kinds of issues in both the NGX and 777.

Regards

OH yes one thing more. For both NGX and 777 when we are starting a Long panel state, and we start apu etc on. Then when we need to enter irs position, then in the first page on the fmc we always get the message "Navdata out of date". We have not touched any navdata, we are using the navdatta the installation comes with. How can i update the navdata? Because that i know, navdata is payware? 

OH yes one thing more. For both NGX and 777 when we are starting a Long panel state, and we start apu etc on. Then when we need to enter irs position, then in the first page on the fmc we always get the message "Navdata out of date". We have not touched any navdata, we are using the navdatta the installation comes with. How can i update the navdata? Because that i know, navdata is payware? 

The NavData file has a cycle identifier and valid dates for that cycle in a header at the top of the file.  You can edit the dates to make the out-of-date warning go away...or you can just ignore the one-time warning when it comes up.

The PMDG airplane ships with a semi-recent (but not current) navdata file that they have licensed to allow redistribution.  To update the navdata, you need to buy a new file from either Navigraph or Aerosoft.  It is possible to manually edit the files, but it takes some detailed knowledge of both the file syntax and the procedures themselves--it's not something for the casual user. 

The bottom line, though, is that navdata files do sometimes have errors that cause problems with add-ons...it's a fact of life.  Buying the occasional update tends to sort out those problems.  If you have corrupted navdata, IOW something has gotten scrambled in the files themselves, then a reinstall of the most recent PMDG airplane should fix that.

Regards

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

The NavData file has a cycle identifier and valid dates for that cycle in a header at the top of the file.  You can edit the dates to make the out-of-date warning go away...or you can just ignore the one-time warning when it comes up.

The PMDG airplane ships with a semi-recent (but not current) navdata file that they have licensed to allow redistribution.  To update the navdata, you need to buy a new file from either Navigraph or Aerosoft.  It is possible to manually edit the files, but it takes some detailed knowledge of both the file syntax and the procedures themselves--it's not something for the casual user. 

The bottom line, though, is that navdata files do sometimes have errors that cause problems with add-ons...it's a fact of life.  Buying the occasional update tends to sort out those problems.  If you have corrupted navdata, IOW something has gotten scrambled in the files themselves, then a reinstall of the most recent PMDG airplane should fix that.

Regards

okay thank you very much. Me and my friend have looked at the prices at navigraph and navdatapro. Its not that expensive, if you want to buy it once per year. But what is best "navdatapro" or "navigraph"?

Don't know that either is "best."  I am a long-time NaviGraph guy...but that said the Aerosoft NavDataPro that is included with their Scarebus X Extended works OK, too.

I think you'll be OK with either one.

Cheers