Sign in to follow this  
MBE007

Do X-Plane users want Payware airports?

Of course I will pay for good airport in XPX, TruScenery and Beti-X, Aerosoft and X-Aviation as well as Tropical Sim are all that I trust at the moment.  I paid for Tony Curtis Scenery, while his are better than default (which is nothing!) they are more like default FSX quality.  The KORD, KJFK and KLAX are pretty bad in FPS and are a typical example of what not to do. 

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Yes, I would happily pay for good quality large airports comparable to Flightbeam, FS Dreamteam, Fly Tampa, and Latin VFR.  In my opinion, this is one thing that really frustrates me with x plane and why I have recently purchased Prepar3DV2.  Also wish a third party developer would make some new ground textures with a decent representation of the southwestern deserts of the US.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I bought some of the U.S. sceneries from Tom Curtiss, and I got a discount on a few TropicalSim airports that I already owned on FSX.  Also, the South African airports developer NMG makes them available for both platforms for one price.

Supposedly 10.3 will allow for a lot of freeware airports to be included.  My biggest frustration with the basic XP setup is the non-existent airport buildings.

I personally can't wait until PMDG and others fully come on  board XP.  I love my FSX, but the 32-bit limitations get old after a while.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I bought some of the U.S. sceneries from Tom Curtiss, and I got a discount on a few TropicalSim airports that I already owned on FSX.  Also, the South African airports developer NMG makes them available for both platforms for one price.

Supposedly 10.3 will allow for a lot of freeware airports to be included.  My biggest frustration with the basic XP setup is the non-existent airport buildings.

I personally can't wait until PMDG and others fully come on  board XP.  I love my FSX, but the 32-bit limitations get old after a while.

PMDG don't make scenery.

:P

Just want more legos to build basic ga fields as payware will never cover the small fields most times anyways. 

I paid for Tony Curtis Scenery, while his are better than default (which is nothing!) they are more like default FSX quality. The KORD, KJFK and KLAX are pretty bad in FPS and are a typical example of what not to do.

Esp. Tom's packages "Canadian Rockies", "Final Frontier" and "Inside Passage" are, albeit old, still very nice to have, and constantly updated. Since a few days, we for example finally have a PAKT with realistic runway and taxiway elevation differences.

KORD, KJFK and KLAX are all not by Tom Curtis.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Simple answer -> YES ! !

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Yes I would buy too

Paul EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC

I have given up hope with XP10.  10.30 will be my last update.  I want the visibility/clouds fixed but 10.30 will not release with that fix, it will come later.  ATC is a joke and Austin thinks it's perfect :blink: , etc.....  I hope by the end of the year we get seasons from John Maxx.

Well there is no need to give up hope as it is under constant development and freewares like World2Xplane for improved OSM depiction and seasons are coming. X-Plane is a solid investment IMO with great things on the horizon!

When it comes to an airport, if it's one I've never been to in real life (which is just about all of them), Im not sure that being close to reality is that important. I generally stay away from larger airports anyway, even in P3D, since I'm basically a sightseeing flier.

The nice thing about Xplane is that with the Overlay Editor, it's just too easy to add scenery objects to an airport which has no scenery (again, which is just about all of them) to give me something to taxi next to and up to. Other planes, a terminal of some kind, trucks, cars, etc.

So, the important thing to me is the horrible state of scenery in BETWEEN the airports, and this is where I wish the focus of developers would be.

KORD, KJFK and KLAX are all not by Tom Curtis.

Correct!  These are not made by Tom.  My bad!  My observation still stands, for the price these are asking and the quality and performance they provide, they made the most expensive FSX airport scenery looks cheap.  Aside from the quality names like TruScenery, Aerosoft, Beti-X, TropicalSim the rest produce stuffs that are amateurish.  There are free XPX scenery that look and perform much better are these wannabe.  Coming from FSX, I found many on the XPX side don't care too much about airport and reviews on them are few if no at all.  I got burn with these low rate sceneries once, I am not going to do it again.  I wish developers like FSDreamteam and FlyTampa would convert and support their sceneries in XPX, now those I will buy them again for XPX!

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

There are many really nice freeware airports for X-Plane, but if a developer brings out an airport/scenery that is better than what is currently available, I am happy to pull out the plastic card. The more payware X-plane users purchase, the more interest will be shown by more developers.  

I have only recently become involved with X-Plane (Nearly 30 years with MS flight simulator iterations), but I definitely think it is the simulator with the most future potential. One thing we can all do is buy the payware (provided it is good) and encourage the freeware makers. 

Greetings

Dave Britzius

(Cockpit Designer and Flight Simulator Hardware Supplier)

Cape Town

http://davebritzius.com

Truescenery and Beti-X Quality Airports and Scenery packages are welcome additions and will do very well sales wise in X-Plane IMHO.Count me in! :Big Grin:  

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

PMDG don't make scenery.

:P

OK - I'll be clearer.  I can't wait to see a good combination of high quality scenery and aircraft in XP!  :P

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I've spent decent amount of money on aircraft.  But I've never spent a penny on airports.

Reason for that is simple.  Money spent on a plane lasts a lot longer (in terms of time spent on that plane) than money spent on an airport that I may fly into just once or twice given my flying habits.

On top of that, there are quite a few decent freeware sceneries to fly to (e.g. Zurich). 

And just to put the final nail in the coffin, it's often the case that some payware airports suffer quite badly in terms of performance.  This is partially due to location (e.g. major airport in big city), and partly due to authors being far too heavy on detail at the expense of performance. The payware aircraft that I spend money on suffer that problem far less acutely.