Sign in to follow this  
FloSim

CTD-why?

Today, I got three(!) CTD's. In th evenviewer, it says that the module that crashes fsx is "facilities.dll"

Everything was perfect before. I installed "vPilot" to connect to Vatsim on Saturday(may 3rd) but if vPilot would be the application to crash fsx, it would have happened before(yesterday, sunday?)

Please help me!!

No known fix for facilities.dll.  It could be something else other than facilities.dll causing your crash(es).  High fsx settings could be a cause.  The facilities.dll has something to do with AI and airport scenery.  Suspect the location where the ctd's occurred.  For instance, if it always occurred at London Heathrow, then suspect an issue with that airport and disable it in your Scenery Library.  See if the problem stops.

The only other recommendation is to check out the AVSIM CTD Guide located to the right under Hot Spots.   Starting on Page 2 (I think) are techniques you can use to investigate the cause.  I checked out the vPilot forums and many of the crashes reported there were related to Microsoft.net related errors.  Microsoft.net is used by all developers to make sure their application runs properly.  In FSX you need Versions 2.0 thru 4.0.  More info in the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for answering, sorry that I answer so late.

The facilities.dll crash happened almost evrywhere :(

Actually, the facilities.dll crash stopped, now it only crashes with Airbus X Extended(which is basically not a big problem, because I don't really like the AXE). However, if its crashing with AXE at any airport, it says "FSUIPC4.dll" is the problem. I have already updadet FSUIPC, but it still crashes. I'm happy that it only happens in AXE :D

I already have all needed versions of. Net installed.

Okay, now I really need help. FSX just crashed with PMDG 737 NGX...eventviewer says "FSUIPC4.dll", like if it crashes with AXE.

I can't understand that, everything worked perfect until Saturday :(

I haven't changes anything since a month, so why is it crashing?? I just don't understand.

PMDG, go P3D faster please!!!

Usually when it says it's the fsuipc.dll is the faulting module it's because the version is outdated. The latest version I have is 4.934. Like it states in the AVSIM CTD Guide, is the main FSX folder being shared with everyone? (right click on the main fsx folder and click on sharing).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It is shared, because of WideFS. My version is 4.934, the same like you have.

I've decided to reinstall everything. When I first installed Add-Ons, I had never installed them as admin. FSX itself is also not installed as admin.

I'll do taht, may take a few hours but it's better after that :)