Sign in to follow this  
Choialbert1

Need help with startup from cold... PMDG 747

I am trying to challenge myself in this... I've already watched a few videos on doing this, but, when on the overhead panel, trying to turn on ground power, the button is just blank with no sign on it... Just plain blank...

Here's the steps... I turned on battery, then, put standby pwr to auto... And then turned on all of the bus ties and the gen cont... I then tried to turn the knob under the sign saying sys fault to aux, but the sign didn't go away... I ignored it, but then, I eventually figured out I had to turn on ground power... There is no white mark appearing on the switch... It's totally unavailable... I do have parking brakes on, but found it not helpful... Please help... Anybody!!! Thanks

At the top of your screen. Go to add ons. Then pmdg.

Somewhere in the pmdg menu is the option to connect ground power.

Just like in real life, it needs to be hooked up to the airplane on the outside, before it's available in the cockpit.