Sign in to follow this  
tiagoblanquet

pmdg jetstream and majestic software dash

Hello.

Just wondering if some of you guy more into turbo props like me, have both the addons mentioned on the title.

I currently have the jetstream by pmdg and its a very enjoyable plane to fly, though its kinda hard on framerates on my system. Its still good to fly but i was thinking on getting the majestic dash, and i would like to know how it compares performance wise.

To someome runing both on their system, wich one could deliver best framerate? I,m ok with pmdg but wouldnt want to go slower on fps than that, so i would like to get some comparisson before spending the buck.

Many thanks.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Majestic Dash8 Q400 Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

The q400 is very light on the fps hit. Much better than the js41

Why has admin moved this post a) at all and b) to completely the wrong forum!

Way too much shooting from the hip going on around here these days

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Majestic Dash8 Q400 Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

The Majestic Q400 is very lite on fps compared with the PMDG J41. I have them both and you won't regret buying the Q400

Reik Namreg

q400 fps are almost as fast as default planes on my system! really impressive coding on that one.

cheers

-andy crosby

I love the dash 8. Not much hit on frames. Still trying to master the landing ,lol

As everyone above has said, the Majestic Q400 has a minimal FPS impact. It is like night an day when compared to the PMDG JS41. 

Jared Listinsky

Even on a sub-par machine (I have an AMD FX-6200 with a GTX 550 Ti) the Q400 delivers buttery smooth frame rates.  It's one of my all-time favorites.

Richard P. Kelly

I love the dash 8. Not much hit on frames. Still trying to master the landing ,lol

Leave some power in all the way down to touchdown, works like a charm. Also flaps 15 landings are easier than flaps 35

Reik Namreg

The Q400 is AMAZING when it comes to FPS performance, it performs just as good as the default aircraft. It's a pure joy to fly as well, if you're into system realism then get your copy as soon as you can. It's a great plane, one of the best ones so far for FSX.

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Leave some power in all the way down to touchdown, works like a charm. Also flaps 15 landings are easier than flaps 35

What flap settings is normal RW?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Flaps 15 for most runways, Flaps 30 for short runways (or if the runway is wet/contaminated).

--Xavier

15 is fine for anything over 1600m. 35 is easier to keep on speed but there's a big pitch change when you select it which can spoil your day a bit if you're not expecting it.

Agreed on the other comments, by far the best aircraft ever created for FS and one that can be enjoyed at any major airport with little concern for frames.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com