Sign in to follow this  
marou95thebest

I am going to buy the PMDG 777!

Hello guys,

I am very interested in this good add on wich is PMDG 777.

But before buying it, i want to know 2 things:

_ First, I saw that it is a product that we download on PMDG official website. If I bought it and installed it on FSX then deleted it (because i want a new clean install for instance or because i bought a new PC), can I download it again?

_ I have the Airbus X extended  so I want a middle-range plane (the Airbus X extended A320) and a long-range Plane (the PMDG 777) but I want to know if there is a semi-automation (as a copilot if you want) system that helps you to do checklist because I am a student so I want sometimes to do a short flight without having to open my checklist book :)

Thank you and good night!

And sorry for my accent , I am French :ph34r:

can I download it again?

Yes, but you'll have to pay to re-download it (not the full price - something like $4).  Just back it up to a CD, or get a Dropbox account and put it there.  The CD method is how we old people had to deal with software before the internet was a household thing.  We didn't throw the CD out once the program was installed.  Why not keep the installer around somehow?

Yes, I feel like my grandpa by saying that.  Still, it bothers me how data-irresponsible so many people are.  Back up.  Back up.  Back up.

system that helps you to do checklist because I am a student so I want sometimes to do a short flight without having to open my checklist book :)

Yeah, there's actually an Electronic Checklist that you use that's displayed in a similar way to the Airbus.  You'll see how to use it if you fly the tutorial that is included.

Kyle Rodgers

The one thing about the included checklist is the fact that it isn't read out (audible). It is something that is solely placed in the aircraft that can be used via clicking and reading.

I really love the electronic checklist in the 777.  When flying other planes I've found myself looking for it a couple of times.  It's that good.

I know the 747-8's have an electronic checklist, but I wonder if any 747-400's have it retrofitted into the cockpit? 

Hey Kyle where's your RayBans :P

Chris Sunseri

Hey Kyle where's your RayBans

haha - giving them a rest.  I was about to say that I haven't worn them in forever, but that's a lie (and I'm sure someone who follows me on instagram would call me out here if I didn't admit it).

I took this on Sunday because my friends got me a Top Gun hat for helping them with their programming class all semester (and the reason I never wear my aviators anymore is below...haha...they had a sale...and I also have a problem...)  :

2014-05-04-22.55.09.jpg2014-01-27-16.52.36.jpg

Kyle Rodgers

I purchased the 777 last week and I think it's a fantastic plane.  PMDG allows you to re-download a product for free for 7 days.  After that, you need to purchase the extended download service which is 4.99.  Like Scandinavian13 said, you can backup the installer on physical or digital media (dropbox) and reinstall as many times as you like. PMDG also allows you to download any service updates for free, without the need for an extended download account.

While there is a checklist in the 777, it does not list the complete flow.  You will still need to know the full procedures if you want to simulate a real flight.

Lastly,  the only problem that I have found with the 777, is that it doesn't always lock onto the VOR or instigate Autoland perfectly all the time (probably an error on my part not the 777) and unlike the 737, you need to know when to slow the plane down yourself on approach instead of the FMC doing for you.

Like I said, this is a fantastic plane... You won't be sorry in your purchase...

Good lord look at that collection.  You wearing that Top Gun hat looks like a scene from the actual movie :lol:   Where's Iceman???

Chris Sunseri

Scandanavian13, You have a wise Grandpa. :acute:

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

While there is a checklist in the 777, it does not list the complete flow.  You will still need to know the full procedures if you want to simulate a real flight.

Good point.  Forgot to add that in my earlier post.  Smart!

Good lord look at that collection.

It's gotten to the point that I can really match up sunglasses with whatever I happen to be wearing.

You wearing that Top Gun hat looks like a scene from the actual movie    Where's Iceman???

That was the aim - haha.

You have a wise Grandpa.

I really do.  The guy is smarter than I could ever imagine to be.  When I joked in my radar video about his books about radio wave propagation and all that, I was being serious.  He gave me all of his physics and modulation theory books a few years ago.  I think I'm a smart guy, but a lot of that goes completely over my head.  He was actually in my last avatar pic on the right side.

Kyle Rodgers

Good lord look at that collection.  You wearing that Top Gun hat looks like a scene from the actual movie :lol:   Where's Iceman???

They are actually going to make a sequel to Top Gun, re-starring Tom Cruise.      The plot will reportedly revolve around drones vs. human pilots in the combat arena.  

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jerry-bruckheimer-says-top-gun-692449

Oh and Kelly McGillis today:     

MV5BMTQ4NDIxNjU2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjE4

You may want to convince them a second time, after the B777 servicepack is out:

A SDK will be published by PMDG which is a prerequisite for a FS2Crew edition: FS2Crew could bring you the copilot ...

Yes, I feel like my grandpa by saying that. Still, it bothers me how data-irresponsible so many people are. Back up. Back up. Back up.
They still wont back it up. "I plugged in this drive thingy I bought, every day for the last 5 years." Yes sorry darling but plugging it in does not actually do anything. "Why didn't you tell me and set it up, I bought my computer from your company?" You were to cheap to pay for that service, Pumpkin T%$ts. God I wish I could use that. Poor retail guys.

Hm, I don't own a single pair of glasses.

The automatic checklist is very helpful. If you're really lazy, there's also the panel state loading in the FMC. You don't have to spend 20+ minutes setting up everything.

What I find best is to use the automatic checklist, and also, if you have a tablet or even a smartphone, have the PMDG manuals on that so you can look them up on the fly ;)

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Hm, I don't own a single pair of glasses.

The automatic checklist is very helpful. If you're really lazy, there's also the panel state loading in the FMC. You don't have to spend 20+ minutes setting up everything.

What I find best is to use the automatic checklist, and also, if you have a tablet or even a smartphone, have the PMDG manuals on that so you can look them up on the fly ;)

This what I am exactly looking for!

I have the PMDG MD-11 but i cannot find this menu.

You may want to convince them a second time, after the B777 servicepack is out:

A SDK will be published by PMDG which is a prerequisite for a FS2Crew edition: FS2Crew could bring you the copilot ...

Should I have to wait for the release or it will be included in the next update?