Sign in to follow this  
ronnie.d

Pro Flight Emulator ATC Runtime Error

Hi Guys,

I just bought PFE as I heard so much positive words about it. It installed fine along with the FS2000 but whenever I click on "Select New ADV" I get a runtime error message 52 saying bad file name or number! 

I am confused and tried to contact the developer. Can anyone help me to get over this before I hear back from the developer!

Many thanks,

Ronnie

It's a Microsoft Visual error message and the following link describes the causes and solutions http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa231024(v=vs.60).aspx .  It's possible the file you trying to open is not shared with you.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Guys,

I just bought PFE as I heard so much positive words about it. It installed fine along with the FS2000 but whenever I click on "Select New ADV" I get a runtime error message 52 saying bad file name or number! 

I am confused and tried to contact the developer. Can anyone help me to get over this before I hear back from the developer!

Many thanks,

Ronnie

Ronnie, as Jim posted, but also make sure you read all the stickies on the PFE forum

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Guys, just wanted to update this as someone might benefit from this post in future. It was one of those typical problems that even got the developer to scratch his head! But regardless he has been absolutely great and worked relentlessness to get this resolved. It turned out it was not a file sharing problem, actually the file destination created within the CFG file was completely wrong in fact it didn't exist. I won't go much into detail here as the developer has already updated this problem and solution in their website. I had to do some fine adjustments on my side to get it worked properly but it's absolutely worth it! 

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST ATC EXPERIENCE I EVER HAD!

If anyone struggling with this problem feel free to contact me.

Cheers,

Ronnie

Ronnie, thanks for coming back with an update. It will help other users.

And as you posted, Dave offers great support. And I agree PFE is very immerse.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.