Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Figured out something that ocasionally plauges me with RC4

So today I was having this problem again. What it is, is is once in awhile RC4 will make me do a face plant in the middle of the airport. Why this happens, is if say I accidentally do my default airport, and connect to FSX, it will move me to the flight plans departing airport, but since it doesn't have a gate or parking info, it just sits me in the middle of the airport.

Something is not matching in the airport data from RC and your location in the flight plan.

Don't specify a gate in your flight plan or on RC's controller page. Just place your aircraft with FS where you want it.

Be sure you update RC's scenery rebuild and use the path to your FS version correctly. Update makerwys.exe from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and be sure to check fsuipc's latest full and interim version from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

From a mismatch of flight plan data at your origination and RC's scenery data created by makerwys in the scenery rebuild, RC thinks you are outside of the originating airports boundary limits and moves your aircraft.

I think RC's boundary limit is three miles.

Also, if you load the plan into FS, do not choose the option for FS to move your aircraft.

Be sure to run a scenery rebuild anytime you add an airport scenery and be sure there are no duplicate airport sceneries or afcad type files conflicting. You add-on airport should have top priority (low number) in the scenery library.

Any specific airport involved?

If this happens frequently, before loading the plan into RC, click the debug option. Then if you experience RC moving your aircraft, hit alt tab until the RC preflight window pops up and then hit the QUIT button to save your log. Go your RC folder and look for rcv4.log. Rename that to something-useful.log. Send that zipped up to jd@jdtllc.com with a relevant subject heading including rcv4, a problem brief description in the body, and attach the zipped log. See the pinned topic.

One common error is when users have both FSX and FS9 installed. When doing the scenery rebuild they put in the opposite FS version path for the rcv4 or rcv4x they are using crossing FSX and FS9 data. Some try to use an FS9 old data plan in FSX with RC's FSX scenery data which leads to a similar problem. FS9, FSX, and P3D each have their own scenery data and plan coordinate data which should not be mixed.